VICIDIAL INBOUND EMAIL does not check mail automatic.

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

VICIDIAL INBOUND EMAIL does not check mail automatic.

Postby jps000 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:03 am

Hi Good day everyone,

I'm having an issue on my inbound emails. Emails does not automatically go in the unread emails unless i run the perl /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_inbound_email_parser.pl --force-check.
I already added * * * * * /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_inbound_email_parser.pl in crontab -e.
jps000

Re: VICIDIAL INBOUND EMAIL does not check mail automatic.

Postby williamconley » Wed May 22, 2019 9:01 am

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) This is not a general discussion. It's a support request. Thus I will move it from the Generl Discussion board to the Support board. Please hang you head in shame while I do so. Please also read the stickies on all phpBB forum boards before posting, there's always some useful direction.

4) I note that you did not include "--force-check" in the cron version, was that a typo? Otherwise that's the most obvious difference between the two methods aside from "cron" root user vs actual root user.

5) Check the system logs and system email to see if there's an error message related to this failure. Most recently there was a path problem with someone on a manual installation just like this. cron's "root" had a different path configuration than "root".

Happy Hunting 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby jps000 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:35 pm

Another Question.. Where does the Inbound email Inbox location?
jps000

Postby williamconley » Thu May 23, 2019 4:57 pm

jps000 wrote:Another Question.. Where does the Inbound email Inbox location?

Tables:

inbound_email_attachments
vicidial_email_accounts
vicidial_email_list
vicidial_email_log

Remember this is Vicidial, not an email system. Vicidial sucks email, logs email, and allows agents to send email. But it's not Thunderbird and doesn't have "inboxes" per se.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby jps000 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:37 am

Thanks a lot for the explanation :)
jps000

Return to Support