CALLERID in header

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

CALLERID in header

Postby dominikPL » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:38 am

I know in Vicidial system I can not change caller id name, because it is used to "tracking" channel by unique id. I looking for solution how work around it. I have idea, to use headers and set there callerid name. ex: SipAddHeader(FromVICIDIAL: ${CALLERID(all)}), but it is use CALLERID(name) as unique id for channel. I need to find how I can set CALLERID in my header from sip.conf.
Ex. In sip.conf I had callerid="Jan Test" <123451111>
dominikPL

Re: CALLERID in header

Postby williamconley » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:57 pm

1) Welcome to the Party! 8-)

2) As you are obviously new here, I have some suggestions to help us all help you:

When you post, please post your entire configuration including (but not limited to) your installation method (7.X.X?) and vicidial version with build (VERSION: 2.X-XXXx ... BUILD: #####-####).

This IS a requirement for posting along with reading the stickies (at the top of each forum) and the manager's manual (available on EFLO.net, both free and paid versions)

You should also post: Asterisk version, telephony hardware (model number is helpful here), cluster information if you have one, and whether any other software is installed in the box. If your installation method is "manual/from scratch" you must post your operating system with version (and the .iso version from which you installed your original operating system) plus a link to the installation instructions you used. If your installation is "Hosted" list the site name of the host.

If this is a "Cloud" or "Virtual" server, please note the technology involved along with the version of that techology (ie: VMware Server Version 2.0.2). If it is not, merely stating the Motherboard model # and CPU would be helpful.

Similar to This:

Vicibox X.X from .iso | Vicidial X.X.X-XXX Build XXXXXX-XXXX | Asterisk X.X.X | Single Server | No Digium/Sangoma Hardware | No Extra Software After Installation | Intel DG35EC | Core2Quad Q6600

3) In the US, changing the callerID name in vicidial has ZERO effect. Carriers ignore this value and use the value reported to them through the carrier who owns the phone number instead.

4) If you MUST change the callerid name (ie: you are outside the US), use the Vicidial Loopback method.

In the extensions.conf file is:
Code: Select all
; This is a loopback dialaround to allow for hearing of ringing for 3way calls
exten => _881NXXNXXXXXX,1,Answer()
exten => _881NXXNXXXXXX,n,Dial(${TRUNKloop}/9${EXTEN:2},,To)
exten => _881NXXNXXXXXX,n,Hangup()

This "dial prefix 88" carrier entry will generate a 2nd call, and the second call will be to dial prefix 9, but that call will not be controlled by Vicidial. Pro:: You can create a "dial 9 prefix" carrier entry that changes the caller ID name! Con: It generates a 2nd call, adding load to the server, and is confusing if you try accidentally to use dial 9 directly.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby dominikPL » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:11 am

I understand, but for this I need set callerid name in dialplan per each user.
It does not solve my problem. I need to find how I can set CALLERID in my header from sip.conf. I tested in Vicidial and before make Dial callerid name was set to channelid.
This agi-VDAD_ALL_outbound.agi responsible for changing callerid name, yes ?
I have idea get callerid name before change and set it to new variable for further use in sip header.
dominikPL

Postby williamconley » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:19 am

campaigns make calls. (agi-VDAD_ALL_outbound.agi) calls are not assigned to users until after the call has been answered. thus "per user" won't kick in until after the call has been answered. since time travel isn't possible, you can't assign the cid per user after the call has already been answered.

cid is assigned by the 1st line of the carrier dialplan entry. the line with the agi script on it.

exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby dominikPL » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:27 am

My dialplan entry:
exten => _TELX.,1,SipAddHeader(From_Vicidial: ${CALLERID(all)})
same => n,DumpChan()
same => n,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
same => n,Dial(SIP/TEL/${EXTEN:5},,o(${CALLERID(num)}))
same => n,Hangup()

I used DumpChan to check variables. I had set it before agi script, After run I do not see any variable contain callerid name from sip.conf. There is callerid name already changed to channelid.

CallerIDNum=        000001111
CallerIDName=       M6211425380000000058
ConnectedLineIDNum= 000001111
ConnectedLineIDName=M6211425380000000058

dominikPL

Return to Support