Web Chat and customer data

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Web Chat and customer data

Postby bghayad » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:40 am

Hello;

vicibox 8.1.2, vicidial 2.14-714a, Build 190628-1511 , asterisk 13.21.1-vici, Single Machine

I have some questions that are related to the web chat and the data that are displayed at the agent screen, based on what are displayed?

1) For example, I noticed that it is showing the IP address of the customer at the Email field, so how I can display the customer email instead of its IP address?
2) If the customer selected certain department (chat queue) in its first chat, then if the customer did another chat with us and selected another department, it keeps displaying at the agent screen the first selected department and not the new selected department for new chat, how can we resolve this?
3) The same thing for the customer phone, once it is entered in the first chat, then when the customer is entering a new phone number in next chats, it keeps displaying the first entered phone number at the agent screen. So, what is the benefit of entering the phone number next time as it is displaying the first entered phone number in the first chat?

I would to know based on what this is happening so I can understand the methodology.

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Re: Web Chat and customer data

Postby williamconley » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:03 pm

Excellent system specs post.

1) If you upload a value into the "email field" that value will be shown. If that value is an IP address, that's what will be shown.

2 & 3) Where is the "department" value stored? If it's anything like the phone number, that value won't be overwritten by a new value in fear of overwriting valuable data.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support