Caller ID using USER_CUSTOM

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Caller ID using USER_CUSTOM

Postby bghayad » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:25 pm

Hello;

vicibox 8.1.0, vicidial 2.14b0.5, Build 190628-1511, asterisk 13.21.1-vici, Single Machine

How I use the caller id to be custom field? It is written in the help the following:

For MANUAL and INBOUND_MAN dial methods only, you can use one of the USER_CUSTOM selections to take a CallerID number put into one of the User Custom fields in the User Modify screen and use that for outbound manual dial calls placed by an agent.

Actually I am confused between the meaning by USER_CUSTOM selections and the User Custom fields and the User Modify screen. And why it gave us options to select USER_CUSTOM_1 or 2 or 3 .. etc?

Note: I tried to use the Show field as Caller ID (of course in this case, I selected Custom Caller ID to be Y and not USER_CUSTOM_1), it worked, but the problem in this situation, it is using the Show value that is stored in the database and not the one that I am entering it when doing the manual outbound call (Lead Preview is enabled), I need to be able to place the new caller id while viewing the lead information (so I might change the Show value, and I need this new value to be the caller id).

So, that take me to use the other option, which is to select Custom Caller ID to be USER_CUSTOM_1 instead of Y. But, I did not know how to use it.

Can someone guide me please?

Regards
Bilal
bghayad

Return to Support