Whatapps Integrate with Vicidial

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Whatapps Integrate with Vicidial

Postby ramizuabhalim » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:33 pm

Hi All,

May i check with you vicidial has solution that already integrate with whatsapp web?
ramizuabhalim

Re: Whatapps Integrate with Vicidial

Postby mflorell » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:26 am

Our response to this question from a post last year:

Nope, we haven't built anything with any of the Facebook APIs. There are a lot of issues involved with integrating with any of the Facebook applications, including the ever-changing terms of service, and the requirements that you have paid business accounts and that you have to host your own machines to perform the API actions. Also, keep in mind that it was only a few years ago that with almost no warning Facebook decided to shut down all APIs that they had available, and that it was a while before they released more limited new ones.

As for Whatsapp specifically, the business APIs that they have available are limited in their functionality, and their terms of service would invalidate use by many of our clients. For example, companies that offer any kind of subscription service can't use the Whatsapp Business API. Also, you cannot ask for or receive any kind of payment information through the Whatsapp Business API. That pretty much rules out a lot of sales and customer service functions that many VICIdial clients would want to perform.

So, in summary, it's complicated to set up and manage, and it is of very limited use, so we aren't going to develop compatibility with it unless a customer wants to pay for it, and that is not likely given the limitations involved.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:27 am

I agree with Matt, for the code base of the system it would likely get a lot of call centers in trouble (they would likely violate the terms of service with reckless abandon). But for some rooms who provide customer service and have clients that love the new social media sites like whatsapp, having the option to integrate social media is an absolute requirement (and inevitable, IMHO).

That being said: Are you looking for a Chat interface, perhaps integrating/combining with the Vicidial Chat system? OR more like the email integration? Or a whole new interface?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby traverbond » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:50 am

Sorry if I don't have to post this here,

Can I integrate Vicidial API with this app: https://gbapps.net/fmwhatsapp-apk-download/

Thanks for your replies.
traverbond

Postby mflorell » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:25 am

That link you posted is to an Android App, I have no idea how you would integrate that with a VICIdial server.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Shinra » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:11 am

chat interface integrating with the vicidial chat system if possible?GBWhatsApp APK
Shinra

Postby jamiemurray » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:25 am

There's a Chrome extension that allows (with a subscription) webhooks which could possibly achieve what you're looking to do, I'm not sure if it will work but you would require skills in a language (eg. PHP) to build an endpoint for the webhook to be received and do what you need to do with the information received.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... kamh?hl=es
You'd need to do your own research on it though to make sure you can achieve your goal.
Skype: live:support_71847 | Tel: (US) +1 646 647 8850 (CA) +1 613 900 6456 (MX) +52 55 9990 3550 (UK) +44 1324 285022 (ES) +34 922 937 384
Managed Hosting - No tech skills required | VoIP Termination & DID numbering | https://jmurraysolutions.com
jamiemurray

Postby Shinra » Fri May 05, 2023 5:20 am

thanks Jamie.
Shinra

Postby martinch » Tue May 09, 2023 3:03 pm

Integration of Whatsapp with ViCiDial should be possible via the web version of Whatsapp...my theory would be using something like Puppeteer in Node.JS to scrape / upload data from Whatsapp to some table in the schema like `vicidial_whatsapp_log` or something along those lines. This method doesn't depend on API access and will be using a headless browser / or use a web socket to scrape and upload data.

@williamconley @mflorell is there a legal barrier to the integration? I didn't read anything about that in the posts above.

NB: obviously...using an API is preferred...and the above method might be considered "janky" but technically, it's "future proof" as it's simulating a user session within Whatsapp. Obviously, that has it's own limitations but yeah.

Also, Node.JS isn't part of the ViCiDial stack...and for this one purpose...it might be frowned upon. Although, if I were to build a proof of concept integration on Whatsapp...I'd probably want to expand that out to several other popular messaging apps.

I'm willing to give it a go if the guys confirm no legal issues exist.
Project Lead @ mDial -> https://github.com/TheBlode/mDial
martinch

Postby mflorell » Tue May 09, 2023 4:19 pm

As long as it's a separate module outside of the official VICIdial codebase I wouldn't see any issues with it from our point of view. Parts of VICIdial could be changed to accept connections to these modules without having to incorporate the actual integration code into the VICIdial codebase.

Just keep in mind that Meta has a history of changing their web interfaces without warning, and they often roll out new versions on a rolling basis to different groups of users at different times, so no guarantee that one Whatsapp account will get the same web interface as another one.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby martinch » Wed May 10, 2023 10:59 am

mflorell wrote:As long as it's a separate module outside of the official VICIdial codebase I wouldn't see any issues with it from our point of view. Parts of VICIdial could be changed to accept connections to these modules without having to incorporate the actual integration code into the VICIdial codebase.

Just keep in mind that Meta has a history of changing their web interfaces without warning, and they often roll out new versions on a rolling basis to different groups of users at different times, so no guarantee that one Whatsapp account will get the same web interface as another one.

Thanks for the clarification Matt.

I've spun up a development thread over in the Features section here -> http://vicidial.org/VICIDIALforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=41727. I will take a stab at it to see what's possible with this. I'm not aware of regional differences with WhatsApp web but I know my instance is fairly straightforward (based in the UK). Sync with phone via QR code and are presented with pretty much a mobile phone version of the site.

Feel free to follow the updates there. Here's a little taster of a mock up UI;

Project Lead @ mDial -> https://github.com/TheBlode/mDial
martinch

Postby ramizuabhalim » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:36 pm

Hi Martinch,

This is the good initiative!!
This one can support the WhatApps Call as well?
ramizuabhalim

Return to Support