256-bit SSL Encryption Support

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

256-bit SSL Encryption Support

Postby katsover » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:39 pm

I'm trying to install 256-bit (2048) SSL in asterisk server. When I try to log into asterisk -r and run the “keys init” and entered passphrase, I got error message "res_crypto.c:263 try_load_key: Key XXX is not expected size."

Is there a way to make the asterisk support the 256-bit SSL? And what will happen to the server if my asterisk's key is still in [Needs Passcode] status?

Here's my server Specs:
- Vicibox 7
- Asterisk: 11.25.1-vici
katsover

Re: 256-bit SSL Encryption Support

Postby williamconley » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:49 am

1) Your installer version has more digits. It's not 'just 7', it'll be 7.X.X. Please post the entire version.
2) Your Vicidial Version is missing entirely. Please remember to Always post your full Vicidial Version with Build (it's kind of a requirement for the Free Help on this Free Forum :) )
3) WHY are you trying to install 256-bit SSL? This is a fairly important piece of information. It will clue us in to your situation and quite possibly link you to another user with a similer situation who found a solution (perhaps not the one you are presently chasing, but a solution nonetheless)
4) This is a straight Asterisk question. While the Vicidial forums are quite active and have a decent sized base, Asterisk is a HUGE community with much more activity and a massive user base. You may get a better direct answer on an Asterisk forum.
5) Have you tried this on a Vicibox 8.0.1, 8.1.2 or 9.0.1 installation? It may well be that your solution requires no special coding or package installation, just a re-install and upgrade of your database to match the newer version of Vicidial. Plus you'd get new features. And of course all that nifty new security updating you are likely chasing.
6) I hope you have your Vicidial server whitelisted (ie: Firewall setting that allow only authorized IPs access to the system ... NO open ports to the public internet)

Happy Hunting! 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support