records on external ftp server

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

records on external ftp server

Postby speedmaker » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:16 am

Hello,

Is there an option or an integrated feature to record on an external ftp server and not use the space on the harddisk ?

thx Speedmaker
speedmaker

Re: records on external ftp server

Postby covarrubiasgg » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:26 am

Kind of.

The recording process in vicidial is a little bit complex

First every channel of the calls will be recorded on different files.

Using a cron job the first process is to mix all tracks on a single WAV file

The second process on a cron job is to compress and convert that file to a MP3 (by default)

Next (This is optional)

You can setup an ftp server credentials in /etc/astguiclient2.conf and enable the transfer of the file to an external FTP server.

Please note that on every step the vicidial scripts will update the database with the file location.

Also, the original WAV are stored permanently on the server, you must enable a cron job to purge the folder ORIG

Once a recording is ttasnfered to the FTP Server it will. Keep a copy of the original file on /var/spool/asterisk/monitorDONE/FTP you should delete those file too in order to save disk space.

Please do not attempt to mount a network filesystem to store the recordings directly to a remote server, the vicidial way is very safe and efficient

I like to keep my ORIG for 3 days and my FTP for 10 days, this way In case something happens with the archive server I have a security copy on my phone server at least for the last days
covarrubiasgg

Re: records on external ftp server

Postby speedmaker » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:55 am

well thx ,, but thats ways to much ..

i would be happy iff the records from the day just get upploud automatik to an external ftp. like at 11 pm ..

nothing else ,, and the lokal one just keep for a month.. or max to ,,
speedmaker

Return to Support