Callcard Feature

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Callcard Feature

Postby Zaraab » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:25 am

In the callcard option in vicidial admin page, there are a lots of thing like Run, Batches and etc etc. Can anyone please help with an understanding on how to use it or what the options mean here like Run/batches and etc etc?
A VICIDIAL ENTHUSIAST
OS BASED LEARNING : CentOS - openSUSE
INSTALLATION METHODS : MOSTLY SCRATCH & STD INSTALLATION WITH .ISO
HELP - BELIEVE - INNOVATE
Zaraab

Re: Callcard Feature

Postby mflorell » Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:34 pm

We wrote that about 12 years ago for a multi-country calling card platform. The "Run", "Batch", etc... terms were all part of the legacy calling card production system that we had to incorporate. The VICIdial system would be used to generate the calling card unique numbers and they would be exported to the company actually making the physical cards.

In the end, the system was only used by the client we created it for twice before they shut down, and now WhatsApp has pretty much decimated the calling card industry and I haven't heard of anyone using the VICIdial calling card functions for years at this point.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Callcard Feature

Postby Zaraab » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:03 am

thank you matt! well i was thinking for making something like i will have DIDs to which people will call and then if they provide a valid pin and call card number(which provides them some talktime) then they will be able to put extension numbers and shall be able to talk to the extension persons.
A VICIDIAL ENTHUSIAST
OS BASED LEARNING : CentOS - openSUSE
INSTALLATION METHODS : MOSTLY SCRATCH & STD INSTALLATION WITH .ISO
HELP - BELIEVE - INNOVATE
Zaraab

Return to Support