ViciDial sets "DROP" status on calls which are transferred

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ViciDial sets "DROP" status on calls which are transferred

Postby ZedTiger » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:29 am

Hello folks!

Apologies in advance if this has been covered elsewhere, as I have not yet found a good result searching around for this problem...

I've got a ViciDial system we're testing, not yet in production, which will drop calls if we attempt to transfer them between agents. The leads go into "DROP" status when this happens, indicating an agent was not available. However, when this happens, we have at least two agents logged in, set to active mode, and neither of them are on an active call when the "DROP" happens.

Is this some sort of known issue? Anything we can do to resolve this?

I've looked at the Asterisk logs as my technical background is in Asterisk, it doesn't look like the calls are being dropped due to a loss of connectivity in the call itself. If there's something useful I can provide to debugging this, just let me know.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
--Zed
ZedTiger

Re: ViciDial sets "DROP" status on calls which are transferr

Postby ZedTiger » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:56 am

Terrible of me! I forgot to provide version numbers:

We're on VICIdial 2.14-830a build 210920-2159
Installed with ViciBox v.9.0.3 200630-2117
ZedTiger

Postby mflorell » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:14 pm

Please include the step-by-step instructions for how exactly you are performing these agent transfers.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ZedTiger » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:26 am

Thanks for your reply!

Here's a rundown:

1. 2 agents log in, they're both in a group that we've specifically named for calls to transfer to (let's call it "tGroup" just for anonymity's sake) -- the general idea is that "heavy hitters" who handle calls will receive the transferred calls
2. 1 of the agents un-pauses and begins automatically dialing out calls, the other remains paused (this was a mistake in my original description, the agent we want to transfer to is in fact paused at the time the transfer happens)
3. The agent who started making calls speaks with a test client whose call they want to transfer to tGroup, they click the button to start a transfer (the button on the left of the main agent interface screen)
4. Oddity: a second window pops up at this point requesting the agent log in again, it won't accept their credentials (we've tried that), they close this window, the area down at the bottom of the main agent interface appears allowing them to select to transfer the call to tGroup
5. The test client's call hears music on hold for a brief moment, and then the call drops, the administrative user interface now shows that call was terminated due to DROP

I'm honestly a bit at a loss as to what's going on at step 4 with the pop-up window. We have an earlier build of VICIdial already in production that does not exhibit that behavior.

Thanks again!
--Zed

(EDIT: fix confusing typo)
ZedTiger

Postby mflorell » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:32 am

I still need more detail on the actual transfer, for example: 1. clicked this button, selected "XYZ" from the pull-down, clicked this button, etc...

As for the re-login pop-up, sounds like something else is going on there that you need to figure out before trying to debug the transfer issue any further.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ZedTiger » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:58 am

Mind if I send you a direct message with a link to a brief (2-3 minute or so) YouTube screen capture video where I perform one of these test calls and narrate the process? I think that would avoid any misunderstood or missed nuances in the process.
ZedTiger

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:17 am

For free support we only respond on the public forums. If you would like paid support, please email <support@vicidial.com>
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby callcentertech » Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:00 pm

Make sure both of your agents have selected AGENTDIRECT ingroup.

ZedTiger wrote:Thanks for your reply!

Here's a rundown:

1. 2 agents log in, they're both in a group that we've specifically named for calls to transfer to (let's call it "tGroup" just for anonymity's sake) -- the general idea is that "heavy hitters" who handle calls will receive the transferred calls
2. 1 of the agents un-pauses and begins automatically dialing out calls, the other remains paused (this was a mistake in my original description, the agent we want to transfer to is in fact paused at the time the transfer happens)
3. The agent who started making calls speaks with a test client whose call they want to transfer to tGroup, they click the button to start a transfer (the button on the left of the main agent interface screen)
4. Oddity: a second window pops up at this point requesting the agent log in again, it won't accept their credentials (we've tried that), they close this window, the area down at the bottom of the main agent interface appears allowing them to select to transfer the call to tGroup
5. The test client's call hears music on hold for a brief moment, and then the call drops, the administrative user interface now shows that call was terminated due to DROP

I'm honestly a bit at a loss as to what's going on at step 4 with the pop-up window. We have an earlier build of VICIdial already in production that does not exhibit that behavior.

Thanks again!
--Zed

(EDIT: fix confusing typo)
Email: kaushal@callcentertech.net, Phone/WhatsApp: +1 (636)-556-0022
Web: https://www.callcentertech.net, Skype: live:52956f35f3283f55
Fully Automated VICIdial Installer https://www.callcentertech.net/vicifast/
callcentertech

Return to Support