How to limit the "Max Trunk" for each carrier ?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How to limit the "Max Trunk" for each carrier ?

Postby pikalla » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:57 am

Hello to all,
I would like to add a new carrier (10 trunks) in my server, my old carrier required me to limit the calls to 20 (the number of trunk I took from them)
But in the server settings, it limits for all carriers.

Please, How to limit the "Max Trunk" for each carrier ?
pikalla

Re: How to limit the "Max Trunk" for each carrier ?

Postby carpenox » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:33 pm

there isnt really a way, is it a cluster?
Alma Linux 9.3 | Version: 2.14-911a | SVN Version: 3815 | DB Schema Version: 1710 | Asterisk 18.18.1
www.dialer.one -:- 1-833-DIALER-1 -:- https://linktr.ee/CyburDial -:- WhatsApp: +19549477572 -:- Skype: live:carpenox_3
carpenox

Postby striker » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:51 pm

you can use call-limit=20 in your carrier settings.
but this will not update the vicidial /campaign about the carrier limit ie:20 , you need to set your campaign dial ratio according to the number of agents to not to dial more than 20 calls, if more than 20 dialed asterisk will drop the call without dialing.

eg:
[trunkname]
type=peer
username=
secret=
call-limit=20
www.striker24x7.com www.youtube.com/c/striker24x7 Telegram/skype id : striker24x7
striker

Postby williamconley » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:48 pm

pikalla wrote:Hello to all,
I would like to add a new carrier (10 trunks) in my server, my old carrier required me to limit the calls to 20 (the number of trunk I took from them)
But in the server settings, it limits for all carriers.

Please, How to limit the "Max Trunk" for each carrier ?

Closest Vicidial has is:

Trunks Per Server: Admin->Servers->{Choose Server}->Max Trunks (obviously NOT per carrier ... so)

Allows "Trunks per Campaign": Admin->Servers->{Choose Server}->TRUNKS FOR THIS SERVER section. With this, you can set all the campaigns using this carrier to a limit adding up to your number.

Alternately: If you want to overflow to another carrier rather than "stop dialing entirely when you hit this limit", you can do that with a dialplan entry that can either balance among carriers or check the count of a carrier group and switch to another carrier group when a maximum is reached.

Beware that any method outside Vicidial's built-in feature set will not be known by Vicidial and may result in failed calls that were never actually tried, thus resulting in "NA" on a call that was never Really Dialed. Bad stats. Thus the "trunks for this server" method is preferable if you want an actual limit rather than an overflow. At least with overflow, the calls all generate, it's just a question of which carrier it's sent through. So no "NA". 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support