Where are the places where callerid (number) is set?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Where are the places where callerid (number) is set?

Postby ConnectedDialer » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:37 am

I have a been running this vicidial install for a while, and always has one callerid (number) in all campaigns, settings, phones, etc...

Recently needed to customize callerid number in one of the campaigns so that dialer and manual dials show different callerid(number), but setting Campaign CallerID does not seem to make any difference. Custom CallerID is set to N

In carrier Account entry there is a fromuser= field that I tried changing or removing, then reloading asterisk.

Where else should I look?
Vicibox 8.0.1 from .iso
VICIDIAL: 2.14-644a BUILD: 171130-0036
Asterisk 11.25.3-vici
Single Server
No Digium/Sangoma Hardware
No Extra Software After Installation
Custom PC - XEON E5-1607
ConnectedDialer

Re: Where are the places where callerid (number) is set?

Postby frequency » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:49 pm

ConnectedDialer wrote:I have a been running this vicidial install for a while, and always has one callerid (number) in all campaigns, settings, phones, etc...

Recently needed to customize callerid number in one of the campaigns so that dialer and manual dials show different callerid(number), but setting Campaign CallerID does not seem to make any difference. Custom CallerID is set to N

In carrier Account entry there is a fromuser= field that I tried changing or removing, then reloading asterisk.

Share your dial plan.
frequency

Postby ConnectedDialer » Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:54 am

frequency wrote:Share your dial plan.

What file or page should I provide content of to share the dialplan?
Vicibox 8.0.1 from .iso
VICIDIAL: 2.14-644a BUILD: 171130-0036
Asterisk 11.25.3-vici
Single Server
No Digium/Sangoma Hardware
No Extra Software After Installation
Custom PC - XEON E5-1607
ConnectedDialer

Postby martinch » Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:12 pm

Hey there,

If you open up a terminal you output the dialplan usually stored in
Code: Select all
/usr/etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
or;

- Go to the Admin page in ViCi (/vicidial/admin.php)
- Click on Admin.
- Click on Carriers.
- Select your carrier and scroll down to the dialplan entry. It won't contain the whole entry but still.

Hope this helps,
Martin.
Project Lead @ mDial -> https://github.com/TheBlode/mDial
martinch

Postby williamconley » Tue May 24, 2022 3:49 pm

ConnectedDialer wrote:I have a been running this vicidial install for a while, and always has one callerid (number) in all campaigns, settings, phones, etc...

If you changed the caller ID number for the campaign and Manual Dial CID, you could also (just for fun) change the phone number for the agent phone in question.

But at this stage I'd have a look at your Admin -> Carrier's "Dialplan Entry" field. Often technicians will hard-code the CallerID after the AGI script line, and that will override all the vicidial settings (which are set when the AGI is called).

Next up: Your Carrier! Some carriers will change your caller ID based on your account settings in their web interface. Lockiing you to a CallerID based on a DID/Phone Number you've purchased from them to avoid supporting Robodialers.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support