Vicidial inaccessible after VPS reboot.

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial inaccessible after VPS reboot.

Postby cyberkyd » Thu May 19, 2022 8:54 pm

Hi all,

I had my vicidial working like charm until This morning, i received this email from my vps provider snel.com .
"We have had an issue with our VPS platform which ultimately led to some downtime and a reboot."

And now their services are up and running but, when i tried to access vicidial with my static IP, it's not accessible. I checked yast lan in console and found ip was missing so i set it up for my provided static ip

But still I can not access vicidial webpage from browser.
1)I checked sip show peers on asterisk and it shows the entry for my phones and carrier but they're unreachable.

2) Also checked "wget http://localhost/vicidial/welcome.php" and it exists.

i want pic

3) Also checked "service apache2 status"
and its green active running since last 2 hours 28 minutes ago.

What am I missing, what should I do next. ever Experienced this before ?.

Installed with official vicibox 10 iso mounted to snel.com's custom os installation.
Again it was working like charm and it was my best ever setup. Have had some brilliant people(William Conley, carpenox, striker) from this platform helped me with my custom campaign of dreams. And now it's gone when i had everything working to my needs.

Will backup it all up as an iso that can be mounted back just as i did with fresh vicibox10. Disaster happened while discussing backup options( specifically iso image) with snel.com's support. Please help.

VERSION: 2.14-756a
BUILD: 200609-2257
cyberkyd

Re: Vicidial inaccessible after VPS reboot.

Postby cyberkyd » Fri May 20, 2022 12:21 am

Hi, after doing a lot of testing, i found i am stupid. should've checked the network, tried pinging google.com and it was not reachable so i added
default gateway by following command

# route add default gw 192.168.1.1

and it worked.

Leaving this thread undeleted for a Novoice like me who may stumble upon same situation and find a quicky hint. or maybe it 's just stupid me. Lol

have a good day everyone especially support guy's thanks for making a visit if you were here.
cyberkyd

Re: Vicidial inaccessible after VPS reboot.

Postby williamconley » Sat May 21, 2022 8:07 pm

good postback. It'll likely help someone one day. We all lose our minds over the simple stuff after going too deep into Vicidial for a while. 8-)

I do not add networks in the CLI, I prefer to add in config files or yast and then restart networking so those changes ALWAYS stick (except in ubuntu which likes to move the text around sometimes on reboot, but that's a different story, lol).
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support