Missing the Graph on my Automated Server Performance Reports

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Missing the Graph on my Automated Server Performance Reports

Postby VFRDavid » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:12 pm

Hi all - SVN 2973, DB 1542 version 2.14-670a build 180424-1521.

When I run the Server Performance Report manually - all is good - when I run it via an Automated Report, the attached copy of the report in the email does not have the graph (just a capital "M" - kind of like what it looks like when ploticus isn't installed). Is there anything I can do differently to make sure it gets delivered? Is it because the email is being sent as "text only" - if that is it - is there anything I can change on the server's outbound email settings to support non-text emails? Or is there something different about the way ploticus is invoked for the automated reports?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide...
David
VFRDavid

Re: Missing the Graph on my Automated Server Performance Rep

Postby williamconley » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:28 pm

Please also post your installation method and full version.

Do any other reports generate graphics in your automation? Have you tried changing from text to html?

What settings did you use?

Does the running of the report generate any errors in the API or reports logs? How about the apache logs?

Note that mail servers do not ordinarily modify the contents of the emails (takes some effort to do so, and you'd know if you'd done it, lol). But the software generating the email can definitely make a difference. For instance if you generate a TXT rather than HTML email, it can not have inline graphics at all, just attachments. If the report is already an attachment, then the graph would just be a second attachment. If the report is an HTML email, then (in theory) it should be possible to attach the graph and show it inline. But I have not checked to see if Vicidial automated reports are configered to so insert. 8-)
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby VFRDavid » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:13 pm

Sorry -

I installed the system via the v7 ISO that was available at the time, and then when I upgraded the DB server a year or two ago - I used the v8 ISO - but - forced the older SVN during the installation.

Here is the URL that the automated version of the report is using: http://209w.NotReallyMyDialerURL.com/vi ... MIT=SUBMIT (and that obviously isn't really my IP address for the server).

The Server Performance Report doens't have a TEXT/HTML option - only options are:
From Date/Time
Thru Date/Time
Server IP

That appears to be it...

And like I said - when I run them manually via Reports / Server Performance - they consistently work - but when I run it via an Automated Reports entry, it fails. I have even tried just plain copying the resulting URL - so that the --A--today--B-- variable aren't used - and hard coded or variable - the report still fails to include the graph...thanks!
David
VFRDavid

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:40 pm

I'm a little unsure of the response paramaters here.

Are you saying that when you use the URL from the Report ... but in a browser, that the graph is NOT present?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support