AST_timeonVDADall.php question / suggestion?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

AST_timeonVDADall.php question / suggestion?

Postby VFRDavid » Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:53 pm

Pretty sure this question is for Mr. Florell...

I have one site that is still on a relatively old SVN (2703) - I modified the AST_timeonVDADall.php file, such that the waiting agents change color for me SOONER than it does for the rest of the rooms - so - I have a "head start" before they start calling me to speed the system up. The problem with this is - I had to make the change on a different server, so they wouldn't get the same output as me if for any reason I pointed their URL to the server I made the change to. Which got me thinking - that this should be a parameter in the URL that I could modify - or - if left out, uses the defaults. TO make sure you didn't already do this - I installed a new V10 system (SVN 3611) - and I took a look at the code there, and noticed the section just after the version comments that have all of the custom times (### CUSTOMER TIMES FOR REALTIME DISPLAY ###).

So - in case you don't already know what I am about to ask - can the code be modified so that these values can be put in the URL? Kind of like "&RR=2" - where even though the drop-down supports a minimum of 4, I can change it in the URL - or leave it out. Because right now - it seems that I can only modify these values in this top section of your code, correct? (Also - if you do decide to "isset" them - maybe shorter names - like "&WSTime=30&WMTime=60&WLTime=300" and so on...)

For the heck of it, I did try adding "&waiting_short_time=20" to the end of my URL - but that didn't seem to do anything.

I don't mind writing the code - but is there any reason why these can't be added to the "isset" section? Meaning - before I go forward with any coding, did you already consider doing this, but there was some sort of reason why you decided against it?

Thanks for any feedback!

David
David
VFRDavid

Re: AST_timeonVDADall.php question / suggestion?

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:20 am

That's not currently a feature, but I'm sure you could add that as an input variable. You may need to go a little further into the code than just the 'isset' portion to ensure it's not overwritten somewhere else though.
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: AST_timeonVDADall.php question / suggestion?

Postby VFRDavid » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:58 pm

Thanks for the tip - from the one I hard-coded (SVN 2703) - it was only in one place (two if you count the color change table at the bottom of the screen) - but - the latest SVN might be different...I appreciate the reply!
David
VFRDavid

Return to Support