CLUSTER SETUP and Inquiry

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

CLUSTER SETUP and Inquiry

Postby Ikram_Ali » Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:42 am

Hi All, Sorry to ask you the silly and basic questions about the Vicibox Cluster setup.

1. The first question always comes in my mind that what is the difference between Vicidial and Vicibox ? And if Vicidial was developed then why Vicibox come into existence.
2. How Vicibox is differ than Vicidial and what are the benefits if somebody use the Vicibox ?
3. I know, how to install Vicidial but don't have much information about Vicibox, it always disturb me about the Vicibox. How to install Vicibox and on which OS it can be installed ? Do we need to install Centos/Linux OS before installing the Vicibox.

Actually, to install the Vicidial, we first need to install the CentOS and then we install the Vicidial manually (by commands).

Is this applicable same to Vicibox or with Vicibox ISO, OS comes together/inbuilt with that so we don't need to install OS separately ?

And last but not least, how can I get the Vicibox ISO ? is this free or we need to pay for the Vicibox ISO.

Can i make the cluster setup with two stand by Vicidial servers. One i want to use for DB, Web server and Telephony/Proxy while 2nd Vicidial server i want to use only as telephony/proxy/asterisk server only. How can i achieve this cluster setup please using the Vicidial servers?

If you clear my these doubts please.

And again Sorry for asking so much information.

Thanks.
Ikram_Ali

Re: CLUSTER SETUP and Inquiry

Postby mflorell » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:51 pm

VICIdial is contact center software.
VICIbox is an OpenSuSE Linux installer that will install all software needed on a server for VICIdial to function.

When you install VICIbox, you are given options for what functions you want the VICIdial server to perform, this could be all-in-one, stand-alone dialer, stand-alone webserver or stand-alone database server.

We do not recommend using any Redhat-family Linux distro(like CentOS) for VICIdial use. VICIbox is based on OpenSuSE, which is more stable at high loads than any of the Redhat-family Linux distros are.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Ikram_Ali » Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:09 am

mflorell wrote:VICIdial is contact center software.
VICIbox is an OpenSuSE Linux installer that will install all software needed on a server for VICIdial to function.

When you install VICIbox, you are given options for what functions you want the VICIdial server to perform, this could be all-in-one, stand-alone dialer, stand-alone webserver or stand-alone database server.

We do not recommend using any Redhat-family Linux distro(like CentOS) for VICIdial use. VICIbox is based on OpenSuSE, which is more stable at high loads than any of the Redhat-family Linux distros are.

Thanks a lot @mflorell for replying on my questions.
But few of them still not answered. So can you please give light on them as well.

And last but not least, how can I get the Vicibox ISO ? is this free or we need to pay for the Vicibox ISO.
My opinion as i read online, ISO is free but can't get the exact URL to download.

My most rated question is below.
Can i make the cluster setup with two stand by Vicidial servers. One i want to use for DB, Web server and Telephony/Proxy while 2nd Vicidial server i want to use only as telephony/proxy/asterisk server only. How can i achieve this cluster setup please using the Vicidial servers?
Ikram_Ali

Postby mflorell » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:04 am

Here's the download folder for VICIbox:
http://download.vicidial.com/iso/vicibox/server/

VICIbox is free.

Yes, you can make a cluster with 2 VICIbox servers as you have defined.

Here is the VICIbox installation manual:
http://download.vicidial.com/iso/vicibo ... nstall.pdf
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Ikram_Ali » Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:38 am

mflorell wrote:Here's the download folder for VICIbox:
http://download.vicidial.com/iso/vicibox/server/

VICIbox is free.

Yes, you can make a cluster with 2 VICIbox servers as you have defined.

Here is the VICIbox installation manual:
http://download.vicidial.com/iso/vicibo ... nstall.pdf

Thanks a lot mflorell for the reply.

Sorry to ask you again and again the same question as it still remains unanswered as per my understanding.
"Can i make the cluster setup with two stand by Vicidial servers (contact center software). One i want to use for DB, Web server and Telephony/Proxy while 2nd Vicidial server i want to use only as telephony/proxy/asterisk server only. How can i achieve this cluster setup please using the Vicidial servers?"

Vicidial Server means: A Vicidial server installed by commands manually (and not Vicibox).
Ikram_Ali

Return to Support