Possible Issues Vicibox 11.0.1 SVN 3750

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Possible Issues Vicibox 11.0.1 SVN 3750

Postby helios2052 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:55 pm

ViciBox 11.0.1
VERSION: 2.14-894a
BUILD: 230810-2005
SVN: 3750
DB Schema: 1693

Hi,
I’ve done two vicibox 11.0.1 cluster installs in the past couple days (one intended for production and one for testing) and noticed the same three issues on each install (1x db, 1x web, 1x dialer, 1x archive). Feeling like this could be a bug but I’m not sure if it’s something I’m doing wrong.

First issue is for some reason I cannot get the AST_CRON_audio_3.ft.pl script to run on the dialer. It gives me the following error: “Can’t call method “login” on an undefined value at /usr/share…ftp.pl line 509”.

I have checked that the archive server details are correct in the dialer’s /etc/astguiclient.conf. I get the same error when running the command manually from /usr/share/astguiclient/AST_CRON_audio_3_ftp.pl or if it runs in cron.

I used the vicibox installer to install the archive server. I tried completely disabling the firewall on my test install but had the same error. I’ve also tried using the internal and external IP, both with the same result.

The second issue I’ve seen on both installs is when I go into admin->servers and change the recording web link to use external IP, when clicking a recording link I get “access forbidden 403”. I’m sure this can be fixed this with some permission changes but wanted to mention it seems like this out of the box.

Third, the vicibox-ssl script at /usr/share/vicibox-ssl/ seems to be missing the “-h $DB_HOST” parameters where it tries to connect to mysql. I noticed it failing when running on non-db servers. When I add those parameters to the script, it is able to update the server web socket url successfully.

Any help especially on the archive server is really appreciated!
Thanks
helios2052

Re: Possible Issues Vicibox 11.0.1 SVN 3750

Postby martinch » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:31 am

Oh hey, welcome to the boards!

What's the output of;

Code: Select all
perl -e "use Net::FTP"

Possibly the module hasn't been loaded as it may not be present on the system.

Cheers,
Martin.
Project Lead @ mDial -> https://github.com/TheBlode/mDial
martinch

Postby helios2052 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:28 pm

Hi Martin,
When running that command on the archive or dialer server, I get no output at all. There's a short 1/2 second delay and then back to a prompt.
helios2052

Postby martinch » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:29 am

helios2052 wrote:Hi Martin,
When running that command on the archive or dialer server, I get no output at all. There's a short 1/2 second delay and then back to a prompt.

Oh hey helios, thanks for the feedback. What you're seeing is normal...normal as in the fact the module is installed on the system.

Could you possibly grab a script run from the terminal of FTP script please? You can cut out all the personal details and just leave in the ViCi stuff and I and others can parse it and hopefully pinpoint the issue for you. Could you also state your version, what trunk revision you have, platform details (just OS and CPU is fine)...and yeah, we can take it from there.

martinch

Postby helios2052 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:12 pm

So I was able to get it working. I read on the Vicibox site that the ftp installer uses vsftpd. When I checked the vsftpd service on the archive server, it was not running and would error out when starting the service ("invalid argument"). I opened /etc/vsftpd.conf and changed listen_ipv6=YES to listen_ipv6=NO and restarted the service, which no longer shows the error. I re-ran the ftp script on the dialer and the files moved successfully and the links were renamed. Not sure if this is a bug that needs to be fixed in the vicibox installer for FTP or if most people just know to change that conf file setting after setting up the archive.

Thank you for your help with this!
helios2052

Postby martinch » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:28 pm

helios2052 wrote:So I was able to get it working. I read on the Vicibox site that the ftp installer uses vsftpd. When I checked the vsftpd service on the archive server, it was not running and would error out when starting the service ("invalid argument"). I opened /etc/vsftpd.conf and changed listen_ipv6=YES to listen_ipv6=NO and restarted the service, which no longer shows the error. I re-ran the ftp script on the dialer and the files moved successfully and the links were renamed. Not sure if this is a bug that needs to be fixed in the vicibox installer for FTP or if most people just know to change that conf file setting after setting up the archive.

Thank you for your help with this!

Sweet! Nice work on this and thanks for posting the solution back to the community. You rock! Thank you, Martin.
martinch

Return to Support