ViciDial won't dial out properly.

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ViciDial won't dial out properly.

Postby rdelrosario » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:02 am

I followed the scratch-install and seem to have everthing up and running. The gui is working.. I loaded numbers, have a campaign defined. I can even use my xlite softphone to call land lines through asterisk (I'm using voicepulse connect IAX trunking service).

Anyway, I'm certain my problem is in my extensions.conf file. I only defined the local and long distance dial exten from the scratch instructions.. I have not a clue how those work so I just followed the directions. I tinkered and found that if I use 'x" instead of '9' in the dial prefix of the campaign it actually does dial out (used my cell phone), but it rings once then hangs up with a message on the vici agent stating.. Party Hung Up or something like that. It just dials then hangs up. I have no clue. I can't figure out what dial exten its using in the entensions.conf. Actually I commented out everything and it stopped working then commented back in the voicepulse specific exten then it started working again.... but only ringing like a half a second then hanging up. I used the exact tel sequence from the load list i the scratch... area code then number... no 1 or 9 or anything. so I'm not sure why the 'x' makes it dial through my voice pulse accoiunt. not sure even what to ask other than if someone can explain how the vicidial and phone and exten relate so I can figure out what its doing and not doing. Thanks!!!! On a side note, in the scratch install I skipped all the entries in the extensions.conf to add that had anything to do with SIP, ZAP and any inbound exten setups as all we are doing is outbound calls.

Can someone tell me what all those meetme conference rooms and extensions from 1 -200 are there for? Also, I must have accidentally added 3 sets of 200 in my db. How do I rid them?

are these conference extensions and such needed to route the call to my sip softphone? Also, stupid question, but did I have to make my softphone extension one of the ones in the scratch install? I used 2 extensions for me 5981 and 5933 in my sip.conf and defined them in vicidial too. did I do a boo boo and was suppose to use the example extension numbers in the scratch install... I don't recall seeing any phone extensions being defined int he beg. Please advise.

thanks...
asterisk/linux newbie wiith only 5 days experience with either.
rdelrosario

Return to Support