Bug allows agent to know they're being monitored

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Bug allows agent to know they're being monitored

Postby kchung » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:48 am

When a supervisor spies a meetme room, a competent agent can tell they're monitored by the following clues:

1. "Show conference call channel information" shows the supervisor's call
  2. If agent were to hang up their phone and reenter, it doesn't announce that "You are the only person in this conference"

With the first clue, the quick fix is to allow admins to disable agents from using call chanel info. The better fix is to just hide all monitored joins from being listed in the call channel info.

As for the 2nd problem, I'm thinking this is an asterisk restriction. Either patch asterisk to fix this problem, or *fake* the announcement. If existing calls in the meetme are set monitored and a normal call joins, playback the announcment like how you do the "send dtmf" trick.

This problem has been observed in v1.x and v2.0.1b2
kchung

Re: Bug allows agent to know they're being monitored

Postby gschaller » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:41 am

kchung wrote:...
With the first clue, the quick fix is to allow admins to disable agents from using call chanel info. The better fix is to just hide all monitored joins from being listed in the call channel info.

Hiding call channel info is bad. Sometimes the lead/customer is not hang up correctly, so the agents on my side need to look for the channels in their room. So from my side only your "better fix" is acceptable.
gschaller

Postby gerski » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:54 am

Agents can also hear a dual-beep once a supervisor dial their sessionID.
gerski

Postby gschaller » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:27 am

gerski wrote:Agents can also hear a dual-beep once a supervisor dial their sessionID.

There is a quit entry option for meetme. Dialing 68600051 on my side causes no beep. Look to the install instructions.
gschaller

Postby mflorell » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:26 am

This has been brought up before and is a concern, it's just not that easy to implement blocking of a channel like this. The only way I can think of tackling this is to have an AGI script log a channel when it enters a 68600XXX extension so that the AST_update.pl script runs it will not include it in the live_sip_channels or live_channels table(or flag it in some special way).

Can someone post a new issue in the tracker for this?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby gschaller » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:45 am

I just created a bug-report.
gschaller

Postby enjay » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:04 am

I just modify the code to HIDE instead of SHOW while I realize this is not the optimum way it is the easiest.
enjay

Postby kchung » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:00 pm

kchung

Return to Support