bug: Hot Keys don't work w/ Alt Phone Dial

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

bug: Hot Keys don't work w/ Alt Phone Dial

Postby kchung » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:14 pm

Observed in Vicidial 2.0.1b2, prob affects all version

At the vicidial client interface, If Alt Phone Dial is checked and you press a defined hotkey, it still asks you to dial main/alt/add3. I'm not sure if it's a bug, but I usually add "Answering Machine" and "DNC" to my hotkeys. When I press those hotkeys, I'd like it to hang up, dispose accordingly, and go onto next call irrespective of alt dial. If the agent wants to altdial, then perhaps there should be a hotkey for that too!
Last edited by kchung on Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kchung

Postby mflorell » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:33 pm

That's more of a preference thing. When we have clients who use alt_dialing they usually want to stop after a hangup and review a customer record before deciding whether to go on or dial one of the alternate numbers. We would have to add another condition variable to the hotkeys functions to have it override the normal alt_dial behaviour and dispo the call.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kchung » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:32 pm

I also use alt_dialing to enter in notes. But I still believe hotkeys should be able to override this, since they _are_ hotkeys to get you to work faster.

If I receive an answering machine and I know the alt_phone number is same as phone, I wanna be able to hit my hotkey for A and just get back to dialing, even if alt_dial is enabled since don't have notes to add. If I wanna go through the normal disposition process, then I just ignore the hotkeys and hang up and dispose like normal.

As a feature, it'd be nice to add a hotkey for calling alt_phone if alt_dial is enbled.
kchung

Postby mflorell » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:38 pm

Go ahead and add it to the tracker as a new issue. I'll look into it the next time I'm in the vicidial.php code.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby kchung » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:25 pm

kchung

Return to Support