How to setup manual dialing without using leads?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

How to setup manual dialing without using leads?

Postby michaeljoser » Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:12 am

Hi all,

I have a different kind of campaign and i really want to use vicidial to do the job. So basically i will have 5-10 agents looking at a specific webpage for orders to come in as they refresh the page. On the order will be a client's number and a restaurant number. The agent must then make 2 outbound calls; one to the restaurant and one to the client and possibly write a note for the outcome of the calls.

My question is how will i go about letting the agents copy/paste the numbers in vicidial to dial out ??? (i will not be using preloaded leads then)

I will also be receiving inbound calls but i think this will work normally in vicidial as in the normal type of compaign.
michaeljoser

Postby mflorell » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:00 am

Using the MANUAL DIAL option should work. If you do DIAL OVERRIDE then a new lead will not be created. As for easier copy/paste from another web page, I'm not really sure what the easiest way of doing that would be. You could try adding a popup page launch tot he code of vicidial.php and then with some javascript you could populate the dial override field with a click from your web page, but this would take a little bit of work to do.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby michaeljoser » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:12 am

well at first i'm not too worried about the copy/paste bit not being done through programming, i.e. for a start agents could copy from the webpage and paste it in the vicidial page.

Now will vicidial still record all the entries in the database? i will need to generate some specific reports. I really have to finish the setup here and give it a try and see what goes in the database.

THanks a lot, keep up the good work! :p
michaeljoser

Postby mflorell » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:38 am

VICIDIAL should record everything normally in the database. What specific information are you looking for?
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support