Maintenance For Vicidial Server

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Maintenance For Vicidial Server

Postby nobesnickr » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Other then the scripts that we need to execute based on the scratch_install are there any other scripts that we should execute periodically to keep the database clean and everything working as it was on day one?

We dont have any issues as of yet but as our database gets larger and larger with all the passing calls I want to make sure we are set for a while and not coming into and problems.

Thank you in advance!
nobesnickr

Postby mflorell » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:04 am

This really depends on your system and how many calls you make. I have some old installations where I will archive the call_log, vicidial_log and vicidial_agent_log tables every month by manually using MySQL queries.

As for tables like vicidial_list, I have seen over 7,000,000 leads in that table on a high-end system and it doesn't seem to have much of an effect on performance.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby nobesnickr » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:42 am

we arent doing anything crazy with our dialer, at the moment we only have 10 agents and using pri t1's so we dont have to high of a load on the system. Im more asking for down the road and if i ever try to do some consulting work, i just need the knowledge.

I appreciate all the help you provide matt, without you and the others, so many people would be sooo lost (and obviously not even have the dialer system) so i need to extend my appreciation.

Sadly i couldnt make it to the conference in December (did it even happen) and would be VERY interested in attending one in the future to learn more about the sys admin features and things that can be done and programmed with the system. Before October I didnt know anything about Vici and very very little about asterisk but because of your support and of the community support i have learned SOOO much but I still feel like there is sooo much more to learn. I have study the manger manual and agent manual inside and out but still have questions that i am learning.

That being said, if you ever have an opportunity for me to learn more like there was in December, PLEASE let me know!
nobesnickr

Postby mflorell » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:41 pm

Thank you for the compliments :)

As for the VICIDIAL training, we just posted this a few days ago but have not announced it anywhere else yet:

http://eflo.net/training.php
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby aster1 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:30 am

Vicidial maintenance :

Run a custom script that first tries to repair all tables and after that optimize all tables on system startup . Run AST_clear_mysql_vars ( spell may be wrong ) after that . A cron script to delete all voicefiles every 10 days or so .

Part 1 will make sure there is no database problems after someone does something wrong and do not reboot the system properly or have some power problems ( which they will never agree :D ) . Part 2 is safe to run at startup if u reboot server atleast once a day before you start dialing ( reboot not really needed ) . Part 3 make sure it wont use 100% space .
aster1

Return to Support