Question about drop rates

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Question about drop rates

Postby chrisbIT » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:05 pm

Hi again,

On the real-time campaign summary the DROPPED PERCENT is:
Dropped calls for this campaign for today out of Answered calls – updated once a minute (as per the manual). But is this the percentage used when deciding whether to reduce the dial rate when in adapt_hard? I would have expected it to be the drops_today_pct value (from the db table) since this would take in to account calls to answermachines counting as valid calls. It may be that it already does this, but sine it is the first value that is displayed on the real time summary and goes red when it rises above the limit, it got me thinking?

Thanks (again :shock: )

Chris
chrisbIT

Postby mflorell » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:00 am

AST_VDadapt.pl does the calculation based on which statuses you have set to human_answered=Y

According to the USA FTC, answering machines do not count in this as answered calls, which is why A is set to human_answered=N by default.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby chrisbIT » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:10 am

Thanks Matt,

In the the UK the OFCOM regs state that it is a percentage of all 'Live' calls so I guess we can set A to human Y here :)

Thanks

Chris
chrisbIT

Postby mflorell » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:16 am

You lucky ducks :)
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support