Clickable manager manual outline please

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Clickable manager manual outline please

Postby hcobb » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:12 am

A standard PDF feature is to use the table of contents as a menu.

You click on an entry in the TOC and are taken to the correct page.

Could you please consider adding this in a future manual update?

Also the current layout of the manager manual leaves me a bit flat. The item by item menu descriptions are more of an Appendix type feature while the Tutorials should be of more immediate interest to first time readers.
hcobb

Postby mflorell » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:47 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. With the tools I had at the time I wasn't able to do the linking of the PDF TOC to the rest of the manual.

I have read that OpenOffice has made many fixes and enhancements to PDF features, like linking, in the last few minor releases so I may switch to OpenOffice for the next revision of the manual.

I have also considered moving the tutorials to the front and expanding that section as well as adding a Forward and more introductory information.

For this first release I just wanted to get it out because there were a lot of people asking about it(I have been writing it in my spare time over the last 4 months). I will do the next revision when I get another break from development and client work.

Did you buy the full manual or did you download the free version?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby hcobb » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:15 pm

mflorell wrote:Did you buy the full manual or did you download the free version?
We bought the full version.

One thing it doesn't seem to cover at all is list exports, which seem to have vanished in the new version.
hcobb

Postby mflorell » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:40 pm

VICIDIAL has never had list exporting.

We recommend using PHPMyAdmin for custom exporting of data:
http://www.phpmyadmin.net

All campaigns are very different and designing an exporter that would work for everyone would be very difficult and take a lot of time. Since everything is in the database anyway it's easier to just do a custom query to select the dataset you want and pull them in the format you want, which you can very easily do in PHPMyAdmin.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby marvin » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:13 pm

ive created a script for this exporting of leads to excel and added it the list admin page ... i wont mind sharing it if anybody ask

marvin

Postby mflorell » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:43 pm

If you would disclaim it to the GPL you can post it to the issue tracker and anyone that wants to can download it and comment on it.
http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALmantis

Thanks
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby marvin » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:29 pm

done! ... although i put the severity as minor instead of feature i dont know how to change it :D sorry am just too excited to click on submit button :D
marvin

Postby mflorell » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:31 pm

Thanks for posting to the issue tracker. I have changed it to a feature.

I commented on it in the tracker. If you need help adding the permissions check to it please let me know. I would recommend looking at the code in the listloaderMAIN.php script for an example of permissions checking.

If you do not have the time to add that to the code let me know and I will throw this in my TODO.

Thanks again!
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby marvin » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:58 pm

done! ... ive updated the dump.php and change it to dump_v2.php.

anytime :D ... im willing to help anytime for this project :D
marvin

Postby mflorell » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:44 pm

Great, I'll look at it tomorrow

Thanks!
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support