LOAD_BALANCING.txt questions

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

LOAD_BALANCING.txt questions

Postby u_gots_2_go » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:43 pm

From LOAD_BALANCING.txt:

step 1 lists out Perl scripts that need to be run only on one server. Now, there seem to be 2 places where these get started. Some are started by cron and some are started [by vicidial?] through VARactive_keepalives variable in astguiclient.conf

I am assuming I don't need to add scripts set in VARactive_keepalives into crontab, correct?

For example, step 1 says that AST_VDauto_dial_FILL should only be running on one 1 server. I added 7 into VARactive_keepalives on one of the servers and it is indeed running on that server. Although it is *not* in crontab. This initially through me off.

I guess I am just curious how these scripts [that are not in crontab] are started and why they are started in 2 different ways.

Second, is more of a note on step 4: extensions for inter-server dialing contain 4 groups of digits separated by *s followed by meetme extension. From what I understand, these 4 groups comprise IP addresses of servers participating in load-balanced dialing, however it is not mentioned anywhere. I might be wrong, but I believe it's important that correct server IP addresses are put there. This should probably be stressed more.

Lastly, step 6 says to change VDAD extension, but doesn't say where... :) I first changed it on each server, but that didn't seem to affect anything (or did it?). I then went to detailed view for each campaign and found it there as well and changed it.

TJ
u_gots_2_go

Postby mflorell » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:30 am

It looks like you figured everyting out for yourself, which is always a good thing:)

The load balance documentation has not been updated in a while. I will use your suggestions to improve it for the next releases. Thanks!
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support