Agent Disposition Screen Expected Behavior

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Agent Disposition Screen Expected Behavior

Postby chrisls » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:09 pm

I have a question in regards to the agent dispositon screen. We have 2 systems running in production and they are behaving differently in regards to when the agent disposition screen appears.

Question: When the system is in autodial mode (RATIO or PREDICTIVE), if the called party (call recipient) terminates the call by hanging up, what is the agent screen suppossed to do? Is the agent screen supossed to stay in the state which displays the lead information or should it automatically go to the agent disposition screen?

It would make sense to me for the system to automatically display the agent disposition screen if the called party hangs up the phone as this will save an extra mouse click (or hot key press) for the agent, place them in pause, force them to dispositon the call and move them on to the next call.

Again, we have 2 systems in production which are behaving differently.

System A is automatically displaying the dispositon screen to the agent when the called party hangs up the phone. Everything appears to be working normally on this system.

System B keeps the agent at the lead screen after the called party hangs up the call. To make matters worse, the dialer somehow thinks the agent is available to take the call, and initiates another outbound dial. The dialer originates the call and the called party picks up, but they aren't being conferenced to an available agent because the agent never actually clicked on the "hangup call" button in the agent screen. So the dialer sholdn't be making a call in this situation. We will post some logging information about this issue a bit later.

My question is, is the agent screen suppossed to automatically display the disposition screen when the called party hangs up the call? There seems to be some conflicting information about this in the forums and documentation.

Thanks for any help!!!
chrisls

Postby seaq » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:25 am

What i've seen is that if the customer hangs up the call, about 40-60 seconds later the system popups a green screen telling the agent that the customas hanged up and giving the chance to go back to the form or hangup and disposition the call.

This behaviour as far ass i know is the expected, because sometimes the agent needs to fill some data or take some data from the form and if this info dissapears as soon as the customer hangs up the data would be lost.

I don't recall seeing the dispo screen as soon as the customer hangs up...

Also about the outbound call it can be controlled with the Available Only Tally: option to Y. It changes somehow the autodial algorithm according to what i've read around..
seaq

Return to Support