installing vicidial on Fedora 8

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

installing vicidial on Fedora 8

Postby begginer » Tue May 06, 2008 10:48 am

hello,
I hope to install Vicidial on fedora, so, I upload the vicidal.tar.gz, when i would to begin the installation of libpri package, i got error :
make: gcc : commande introuvable
make: *** [copy_string.o] Erreur 127

so i want to know, if is it possible to vicidial(whith his all componets) on fedora, if yes what changes must i do.

thanks
begginer

Postby mflorell » Tue May 06, 2008 11:53 am

From my experience, Fedora "with all components" does not have most of the devel stuff installed which is needed to install most of the required packages of VICIDIAL.

Try Slackware or Suse.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby begginer » Tue May 06, 2008 12:19 pm

thanks for your your reply,
i am very confused because the machine in which i want to install vicidial is a distant machine, so the owner of the machine propose me two os: Fedora, or debian Ubunto.
i was taying to install vicidialnow from network but it is complex, if you have any idee, do not hesitate to give them.

thanks
begginer

Postby mflorell » Tue May 06, 2008 12:27 pm

VICIDIAL can be installed on just about any flavor of Linux, the issues come up with how many steps you have to take to get to fully running VICIDIAL setup. On Fedora and Ubuntu, you need to install several packages so that you can compile and install what you need to install the required applications needed for VICIDIAL.

The reason i suggest Slackware or Suse is that they require less steps and are proven to me to work well.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby begginer » Wed May 07, 2008 3:30 am

thanks a lot.
begginer

Return to Support