Does not hear ringing bell During Consultive Transfer

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Does not hear ringing bell During Consultive Transfer

Postby brainwhistler » Fri May 09, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi,

I have single server setup for Asterisk/ ViciDial, having versions.:

Asterisk 1.2.24
ViciDial 2.0.4

The problem i am facing is that when doing Consultive Transfer to External Phone Number the agent doesnt hear the ringing bell, while the party at the other side can hear the ringing bell to the third party.

Does anyone know the reason of this since the agent doesnt have the idea what's going on behind.

Thanks
brainwhistler

Postby mflorell » Fri May 09, 2008 7:52 pm

This involves the way that the phone calls are placed from within the meetme room.

There are two choices, have the call go into the meetme room only AFTER receiving the Answer signal from the carrier on the line, or placing the call from within the meetme room an hearing all call progress sounds. The only difference as far as Asterisk is concerned is the order in which the command is sent, which side is the trunk and which side is the extension.

Can you describe exactly how you place consultative transfers now?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby brainwhistler » Mon May 12, 2008 8:45 am

Well, my agent first places the call manually to External Number, after getting the relative information from the customer the agent presses 'Transfer-Conf' for Consultative Transfer and then enter an External Number as well at 'Number to Dial', then click 'Dial with Customer' to make conference call.

During the process of call establishment, the customer waiting for Transfer hears the ringing bell but the agent doesnot which is little frustration for the agent.

Thanks
brainwhistler

Postby mflorell » Mon May 12, 2008 9:48 am

That is interesting, I have not seen that happen before. I will have to do tests to see if I can duplicate this.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support