Max Rows for mysql?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Max Rows for mysql?

Postby chuckford » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:22 pm

We have a lot of calls cycling through our system. The call_log and the vicidial_log are both getting rather large. Is there a max row count that I should let it get to, before deleting some records?

Will having to much in either of these tables start to cause problems for the reps?

Thanks
chuckford

Postby pylinuxian » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:28 pm

the lighter your db the faster is your server, ... thats the law of gravity I guess ... Files on Disk get larger, files in memory too ... procedures take longer to execute ... solution ?
move long periode reporting task from production server to a new one by creating a script to copy data over from production to history server ... many commercial apps do actually this under the hood in a scheduled task at night, they copy data over to new tables called xxxx_hst & free production tables, reporting tools are configured to look at the xxxx_hst tables if you enter older dates.
pylinuxian

Postby mflorell » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:28 am

The limit is pretty big. I have had hundreds of millions of records in the call log table before, but I would not recommend that.

You should purge or backup logs after a certain amount of time(depending on your call volume and need).
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support