hardware recommandation

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

hardware recommandation

Postby bob » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:45 am

What do you recommend for 24 seats, sip trunk, G.711 codec, full recording, and answering machine detection? Of course I'm looking for the cheapest solution.

Thank you.
bob

Postby mflorell » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:36 am

What would your maximum lines-to-agent-ratio be?

We do not recommend the cheapest solutions, they usually break quickly, especially when recording all calls.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby bob » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:16 pm

Maximum 3 lines per agent.

Thank you.
bob

Postby Kumba » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:18 pm

I would probably recommend a two server set-up. One server to act as the core Database/Web server and the second to act as the Dialer/Agent server. You might also want to consider your long-term storage of the recordings. At some point these will need to be moved off the dialer and archived.

As far as the cheapest solution goes I wish you luck in your endeavor. While we at the ViciDial group do offer solutions to the above we don't feel that we can adequately compete to be the cheap solution. What we can be is an inexpensive and reliable solution that will work as designed at the time of install. If you would like to inquire about our services please feel free.
Kumba

Postby bob » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:49 am

Alright, what would be an inexpensive solution without regarding the archiving for the moment. What kind of hardware would work reliably if one goes for the singel server setup, or maybe it will be cheaper and less time consuming in every way if one goes for the two sever setup?
bob

Return to Support