non-vicidial users calls disconnecting mid-conversation?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

non-vicidial users calls disconnecting mid-conversation?

Postby js19 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:45 am

None of the people on the dialer have complained about this problem, but people that are just using x-lite to make their calls are experiencing random disconnects in the middle of a conversation followed by a message that "the person is not available."

Has anyone encountered this before? If it were a server performance issue, i'd find it hard to believe it was only affecting them since there are more people on the dialer than making calls through x-lite on its own at this point. They've told me its pretty random when the disconnects occur. Sometimes it's at the beginning of a call and sometimes they'll have been talking to the person for a while.

Thoughts?

Oh and i'm using 2.0.4.1rc4 and Asterisk 1.4.21.2.
js19

Postby js19 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:49 am

Actually, i just verified again and it's happening to everyone now.
js19

Postby mflorell » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:48 pm

Have you tried the Zoiper softphone going over IAX?
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: non-vicidial users calls disconnecting mid-conversation?

Postby Nortelguy » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:21 pm

js19 wrote:None of the people on the dialer have complained about this problem, but people that are just using x-lite to make their calls are experiencing random disconnects in the middle of a conversation followed by a message that "the person is not available."

Has anyone encountered this before? If it were a server performance issue, i'd find it hard to believe it was only affecting them since there are more people on the dialer than making calls through x-lite on its own at this point. They've told me its pretty random when the disconnects occur. Sometimes it's at the beginning of a call and sometimes they'll have been talking to the person for a while.

Thoughts?

Oh and i'm using 2.0.4.1rc4 and Asterisk 1.4.21.2.

System running low on resources ? These callers that are using x-lite are they on laptops that are wireless ?
Nortelguy

Postby js19 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:18 pm

The asterisk system didn't seem to be. It's a quad-core with 4gb of ram and cpu usage was low. I had about 750mb of unused memory, plus there weren't any other side-effects of an over-burdened system like echos or stuttering. I restarted the system and memore usage went down drastically (memory leak?), but the problem reoccured. People's conversations were going fine and then they just stopped. I'll try an IAX softphone if the problem reoccurs, and I guess i'll try with my polycom phones to see if they have a problem...

Oh and nobody is on wireless. Everyone is wired and the switch is doing QoS.
js19

Return to Support