Channel not being renamed from Local to IAX2/XXX

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Channel not being renamed from Local to IAX2/XXX

Postby williamconley » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:06 am

At the moment that the call "should" be passed into the Meetme room with the agent, the call is instead "hung up" because the channel has not yet been converted from the "Local/914077666938@default-32a3,1" to the "IAX2/XXXX-1".
agi-VDADtransfer.agi recognizes the "Local" in the channel name, and refuses to continue (it waits a second and then exits). Since the script is called three times and the channel is never renamed, this happens thrice and then the call goes dead.

I can comment out the "exit" which will cause the agi to continue past that point and it will add the caller to the appropriate meetme room and works (rather freakin fast I may add, NO sound loss). The channel is eventually renamed, but increasing the "wait" time for the first run of the script does not seem to impact on this ... so the rename is NOT apparently an independent process that just hasn't had time to complete yet.

It seems the "local" channel information is stored in Vicidial because the channel had not been renamed yet, and there is confusion in Vici because of this.

For instance in 30 seconds or so I will get the message that the customer has hung up and do i want to go back or finish and disposition. The message shows the "local" channel as the customer who has left. Also, after the call if I press "Hangup Customer" the screen will allow me to disposition, but does not actually hang up the customer's phone. If I press "hangup" on the channel in the channel view below, it WILL hang up the customer (it shows the correct channel there, IAX2/XX), but will not close and disposition, so I have to push both buttons. Annoying but doable. Demonstrates that the system is working. Sound is clear, speed is excellent.

But ... where is that rename and why is it firing late? Is it within the VDAD transfer agi?

VICIDIAL web-client version: 2.0.4-142 BUILD: 71129-2025
Zaptel Version: 1.2.24
Asterisk 1.2.26
Gentoo: linux-2.6.25-gentoo-r9
NOT a "scratch install" purely, since this is Gentoo.

I'll probably work it out tomorrow, but I wanted to know if there was a simple place to find the culprit who is not changing this channel on time. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. :?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:13 pm

Do you have sip-silence Playback in the 8365 exten before the AGI?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:39 pm

tried it with and without.
also, this is an IAX channel (VOIPStreet).

I'm going to rewrite the logging of the correct channel in vicidial so it will hang up the appropriate channel when the times comes. but it would be nice to know why the channel is being renamed too late for the correct value to be saved in the first place.
williamconley

Postby williamconley » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:46 am

Ok. This one is no longer a Vicidial issue. I traced the error to app_dial.c. Not bridging the call until the meetme room occurs, even though the call is answered before then.
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:03 pm

sip-silence can be used with IAX and SIP calls, it is not protocol specific.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:31 pm

Interesting. I was unaware. I've never needed it except with SIP. Thanks. I've written a trap to resolve the issue, but I'm still going to troubleshoot app_dial.c to find where the flaw is. However, I'm still going to downgrade to an earlier OS and re-scratch install to see if the issue goes away with the earlier OS. I have to know. My customer is unhappy about the delay, but I want to be sure the system works properly. Why the channel is not being completed and bridged upon answer is somewhat deep. Regular calls work fine and complete successfully. The meetme function works (and bridging the call occurs immediately upon entering the meetme room). But the wrong value has already been stored by Vicidial so the hangup customer button doesn't work and the agent screen will pop up and tell the agent that the customer has hung up because the wrong channel is recorded and it does not match what is in the meetme room. Bummer.
williamconley

Return to Support