Interesting in Extensions.conf

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Interesting in Extensions.conf

Postby rajiv_kuin » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:43 pm

I would like to understand that why we have duplicated entries here :

; VICIDIAL_auto_dialer transfer script:
exten => 8365,1,AGI(agi://127.0.0.1:4577/call_log)
exten => 8365,2,AGI(agi-VDADtransfer.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => 8365,3,AGI(agi-VDADtransfer.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => 8365,4,AGI(agi-VDADtransfer.agi,${EXTEN})
exten => 8365,5,Hangup

line 2,3,4 are same... why possibly we need to run a script thrice for a same call...

I know been posting a lot of problems... but i promise i would contribute equally once i get things under control... please advise on this one..
rajiv_kuin

Postby williamconley » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:51 am

if you open and read agi-VDADtransfer.agi (in the /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin) you will find that it checks for conditions, and based on those conditions runs different areas of the script. So what you view as three calls to the same command are actually three calls to different portions of the same file which accomplish different tasks.

if you are familiar with scripting languages (perl, bash, etc.), you can read through it and begin to understand that although the lines all read the same, conditions will be different each time the script is executed which will result in a different area of the script being executed.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby rajiv_kuin » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:08 am

Thanks william, you are a great help.... actually i did feel it has something like to do... and may be you solved one of my problems wihtouht me asking about it... thanks a lot...
rajiv_kuin

Return to Support