Survey Campaign dials number but hangs up upon answer

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Survey Campaign dials number but hangs up upon answer

Postby codeslush » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:05 pm

Hello,

I'm new to vicidial but am not asking this question too blindly.

I'm trying to get a survey campaign going. I've read the manuals and many forum posts here and would like to ask if it's broken or not in my release.

Version: 2.0.4.122 Bld 81011-0855

I can get a campaign to dial and connect when setting dial method to "MANUAL". When I change dial method to "RATIO" and:

Campaign VDAD exten to 8366 or 8364 then...

It will ring the number in the hopper but immediately hang up - no recordings are played and call status is set to NA- Not Answered. This happens even if I let the call go to voicemail. However, in reviewing log output, I can see clearly that the call was answered just before the launch of the AGI script.???

In looking through the agi-VDADtransferBROADCAST.agi and the agi-VDADtransferSURVEY.agi files it is getting to the point where the "SET CALLERID" line is. It's generating the callerid value. It's exiting with status 200 - ok.

To my newbie eye, t seems that it's trying to lookup the callerid value in the live_agents table but the only live agent in the table has an empty callerid value. I'm not sure if this is where things are going wrong or not.

After several hours of trying to troubleshoot this, I thought maybe I should ask if it is even working properly in my version. A few posts create some concern for me if I'm not on the latest svn trunk.

Any suggestions, pointers or answers are certainly appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael
codeslush

Postby mflorell » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:20 am

You might want to try upgrading to SVN trunk because it is so much easier to do a survey campaign with it. There have been issues with the older versions of the SURVEY script, but it does usually run properly if the system is configured properly.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby codeslush » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:28 am

thanks Matt - I'll give it a shot and report back tomorrow on the outcome. Hopefully this will do the trick!
codeslush

Postby codeslush » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:33 pm

Matt - thanks for pointing me in this direction. Indeed, upgrading has resolved my issue! Not only that, but as you mentioned, the new survey features were well worth the upgrade!

I hope to become very familiar with the workings of this project so that I may contribute back at some point.

RESPECTFULLY,

Michael
codeslush

Return to Support