Agent Automatic Hangup

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Agent Automatic Hangup

Postby zenith » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:07 am

Hi,

When a customer disconnects, it's possible that agent also disconnects automaticly without press Hangup Customer and take next call?

Best Regards
zenith

Postby williamconley » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:04 am

only if they are a "remote agent"
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:20 pm

you want the agent's phone disconnected or just the agent's screen to go on to the disposition screen?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:58 pm

"and take next call"

remote agent.

although an interesting concept would be to make a version where this was allowed for a logged in agent, it's a dangerous precedent not capturing the disposition of the calls.

i do have clients who NEVER call someone twice, so dispositioning is actually unnecessary ... they use "remote" but they'd probably be very happy to have full client information as the client passes through.
williamconley

Postby zenith » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:16 am

I want that when a costumer disconnects, agent disconnects either without pressing Hangup Customer button and stay ready to take next call.

Is it possible?
zenith

Postby Alfonso » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:33 pm

I need smething like this:

When the customer hangups the call takes the agent to the dispo screen and end the recording and the stop the lenght_in_sec count in the vicidial closer log table.

I have problems with recordings with minutes and minutes off silence because the agent dont press hangup customer.
Alfonso

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:55 pm

zenith wrote:I want that when a costumer disconnects, agent disconnects either without pressing Hangup Customer button and stay ready to take next call.

Is it possible?
possible, we could definitely do it, but not recommended.

When the customer hangups the call takes the agent to the dispo screen and end the recording and the stop the lenght_in_sec count in the vicidial closer log table.

I have problems with recordings with minutes and minutes off silence because the agent dont press hangup customer.
I like this one better. Also possible, and not exactly a bad idea, either. Is there something like this in SVN already? This one we could do and feel good about it. LOL
williamconley

Postby mcargile » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:10 pm

This ability is not currently in Vicidial but it could be added. The issue is that the Vicidial agent screen has no understanding of what a DEAD call is. The Vicidial Admin reports have to do a number of complex queries and calculations to figure this out. We can add it but it would take 10 hours of development time to do so. If this is something you would be willing to pay for contact sales@vicidial.com.

This really comes down to a training / management issue though. A DEAD call is one where the customer has hung up but the agent has not. The Time On VDAD realtime report displays when an agent is in the DEAD state and how long they have been there. The Agent Performance Detailed report also gives a break down of how much time an agent has spent in the dead state in a given day. Using these reports the managers should be able to catch agents sitting in DEAD and correct the behavior.
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

The official source for VICIDIAL services and support. 1-888-894-VICI (8424)
mcargile
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:30 pm

As far as training: Is the issue that the reps are using this as "paid break" because they are not "on pause" so you cannot "dock" their pay for excessive "pause" time?

If so, of course the "DEAD" report mentioned above would be a great boon. Dock them "double" for DEAD and only once for Pause and you'll have a solution.

On the other hand, if you simply do not want to have to train the reps (or have tried and failed, i've had some un-trainable reps) and would prefer to just auto-disposition as "Done" and immediately make the agent available for the next call, that is viable.

Since the system knows of the DEAD call, scripting it through to the agent screen to simulate a disposition is viable. And creating a "Preference" in the Campaign for "auto-dispo" of course, would give control over when to use it.

Am I off-base or am in the right ballpark?
williamconley

Postby ekaftan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:32 am

williamconley wrote:
Since the system knows of the DEAD call, scripting it through to the agent screen to simulate a disposition is viable. And creating a "Preference" in the Campaign for "auto-dispo" of course, would give control over when to use it.

Am I off-base or am in the right ballpark?

This is exactly what I need. I handle inbound calls and get a lot of agents stuck on DEAD.
ekaftan

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:39 pm

We have quoted 20 hours of programming time to add full DEAD call detection and logging to the agent screen as well as the stats to the reports.

This requires some serious re-engineering of how the agent time logging works which is why it is not trivial to make this addition to the code.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:57 pm

The closest thing we have is a one button "send it to answering machine message" that sends the call to a pre-recorded message (wait for silence) and dispositions it as answering machine and makes the agent immediately available for another call (one button!).

I had a client who was unhappy with the concept of pushing "transfer/conf" and then "VM" and then dispositioning the call and hitting submit. Four Buttons. Had to have ONE.

However, based on the amount of work that went into that tiny little project, I'd say 20 hours is about right. If not a little "light".
williamconley

Return to Support