Vicidial isn't dialling

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Vicidial isn't dialling

Postby pkirkham » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:43 am

I've looked at everything I can find but that doesn't explain why my newly installed system isn't dialling. Neither is the connection made to the agent when he logs on, which is obviuosly a fundamental problem nor is an outgoing call made.

I can connect to the conference, 8600001 from the agent's phone and from another phone and the conference works.

I note that the managers are not connected to Asterisk. When you type "manager show connected" they don't appear. I assume they should. I don't see what I've missed. If this sort of info is in the long and non-free version of the Manager's Guide I'm prepared to pay for it but you could at least give us the index so we could see what we're buying, and why its worth buying it!

Best regards,
Pete

PS Leads are in the hopper and get correctly loaded to the Agent's screen.
pkirkham

didn't give you my versions

Postby pkirkham » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:50 am

VICIDIAL web-client version: 2.0.4-152 BUILD: 81012-0857
Asterisk 1.4.23.1
pkirkham

Postby mflorell » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:23 pm

Check your manager.conf and compare to the one shipped with VICIDIAL.

Also, downgrade to 1.4.21.2 because there are problems with 1.4.23.1
mflorell
Site Admin

Re: Vicidial isn't dialling

Postby Op3r » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:15 pm

pkirkham wrote:I've looked at everything I can find but that doesn't explain why my newly installed system isn't dialling. Neither is the connection made to the agent when he logs on, which is obviuosly a fundamental problem nor is an outgoing call made.

I can connect to the conference, 8600001 from the agent's phone and from another phone and the conference works.

I note that the managers are not connected to Asterisk. When you type "manager show connected" they don't appear. I assume they should. I don't see what I've missed. If this sort of info is in the long and non-free version of the Manager's Guide I'm prepared to pay for it but you could at least give us the index so we could see what we're buying, and why its worth buying it!

Best regards,
Pete

PS Leads are in the hopper and get correctly loaded to the Agent's screen.

the manager's manual == a donation to the project. Worth every penny than spending 1000 usd per seat license from closed source dialers :)

Plus it will really help you with the administration of the dialer.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Now it seems to work

Postby pkirkham » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:27 pm

I fell back to Asterisk 1.4.21.2 to solve the broken pipe problem for the manger interface as you suggested.

Having thought the basic install script was sufficient, I'd not got the perl options and they also required lynx and ncftp to be installed as prerequisites.

Tidied up extensions.conf and sip.conf having put everything in the default context since I was trying to merge my previously working config with what was necessary for vicidial.

I also corrected changes I made to ADMIN_keepalive_ALL.pl in line with your comments saying to add -L to activate logging for manager_listen and manager_send. I realised that these were the only ones which weren't being kept alive. They would work if started from command line but they wern't staying alive. I took the -L off and that now works correctly.

So maybe I don't need the documentation after all.

Best regards,
Pete
pkirkham

Postby mflorell » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:55 pm

The VICIDIAL Manager's manual really has nothing to do with installing VICIDIAL on a system or any other system administration you may need to do to manitain it.

It is really just an operator's manual for call center managers and IT staff that are helping to run the dialer and set up campaigns.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support