ViciDial BroadCast Campaign

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

ViciDial BroadCast Campaign

Postby saif.rahman » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:28 pm

Hi

want to know whether VICIDIAL can detect the DTMF from the customer/called party end while using the Broadcast campaign in VICIDIAL.

like if the message is being played to the customer i.e. "we are the ABC debit company, we can help you in paying your debit. if you are interested then press 1 etc" now when the customer press 1 will it be detected by the VICIDIAL and then go to the particular extension what ever it will be ?

Thanks
saif.rahman

Postby enjay » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:54 pm

Yep it sure will! This is exactly how we typically implement it.

Press 1 to be transfered to sales.
Press 2 to be added to our Do Not Call list.

etc.

-Art
enjay

Postby williamconley » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:40 pm

This also has to do with the "switches" in the dial plan during the "dial" command in the extensions.conf AND has been often interfered with by some VOIP Telco's. So be careful not to decide you've done something wrong until you've tested it with another provider (just to be sure).

No joke: i've even had it work for an hour during "testing" and then not work the next day ONLY for ONE outbound callerid. I still don't know what that was about.

So make sure your extensions.conf dial plan for the outbound dial service (_91NXXNXXXXXX or whatever you are using during the "Dial()" command) has the correct (as supplied in the vicidial samples) switches ... and if so, change your callerid and also your provider before deciding there's something wrong with your system.

And be sure to do the testing on a Zero Load on the server so it won't be a server load issue.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mcargile » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:00 pm

I highly suggest installing the latest SVN version of Vicidial for anyone looking to do a "press 1 ..." style campaign. There is a new section called SURVEY where which allows you to do this.

It should be noted that in the United States, come September this will become illegal unless you have a preexisting relationship with the customer and they have specifically signed a piece of paper that says "Yes you can call me and play 'press 1 ...' style messages to me". This will basically only allow people like debt collection agencies to use this tactic.
Michael Cargile | Director of Engineering | ViciDialGroup | http://www.vicidial.com

The official source for VICIDIAL services and support. 1-888-894-VICI (8424)
mcargile
Site Admin

Postby saif.rahman » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:23 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions and now i will definitely go for the SVN trunk.

Matt !!

when we will be able to put some hands on the new QC module in vicidial .. it will be really a good addition to the project.
saif.rahman

Postby williamconley » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:28 pm

I highly suggest installing the latest SVN version of Vicidial for anyone looking to do a "press 1 ..." style campaign. There is a new section called SURVEY where which allows you to do this.
The older (non-svn) systems just use VDAD exten 8366 (and some script editing) to accomplish this. Not as easy as the svn, but may not be as intense as an upgrade for a newbie. (Especially a script puppy, but that's just an opinion.)

It should be noted that in the United States, come September this will become illegal unless you have a preexisting relationship with the customer and they have specifically signed a piece of paper that says "Yes you can call me and play 'press 1 ...' style messages to me". This will basically only allow people like debt collection agencies to use this tactic.
It should actually be noted that this is already illegal.

If you check the laws right now, a dentist could use this system to notify clients (with a bit more scripting) of appointments. Charities could use this system to their own nefarious ends. Political campaigns are in that same boat. But to be sure, for most Sales Organizations who just want to play "hey! are you interested in our product? if so press one!", that has been illegal for quite some time. On the other hand, if you have a booth collecting "entries" giving explicit permission to autodial and solicit numbers ... and you've got people all over the country distributing the boxes and collecting the numbers ... well, then you're doing good. Of course, you could also be operating in some country other than the United States ... and then you're even better.

But I'm not a lawyer, so I'd really suggest we all make sure we've put our campaigns past one before launching. Right?
williamconley

Postby torontob » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:49 pm

I just installed ViciDialNow (latest RC2). I need it only for Voice BroadCast. I only see Compaigns which are highly complicated. Where can I find the Broadcast compaign if there is one? I also need it to work with "Press 1 for sales"...etc...and then have the system dial yet another Asterisk server over the internet. Do I have the latest SVN by RC2 and does it include Broadcast feature?

Thanks
torontob

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Do you have a copy of the manager's manual? At least the free version?

"Broadcast" is another way of saying "press one", and is included in all versions of vicidial, but you will need to modify the recording and what happens in the script if someone presses a button.

In non SVN versions of vicidial you just change the "Campaign VDAD exten" to 8366 instead of 8365.

It will then broadcast a message asking if the prospect is democrat or republican ... and whichever they choose it will send them to an agent and note on their Lead whether they chose democrat or republican.

So concentrate on learning your new vicidialNOW box, as it already has all the tools you need, but if you don't have the manual you'll have a devil of a time figuring it out.

Newer versions "from scratch" up to the most recent SVN trunk can make this easier.
williamconley

Postby torontob » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:19 pm

Where can I find the free version of the manager's manual? I thought only the paid version is litsted online. Is the free version the same as the paid version but not in colour? :)

Thanks for the quick responce.
torontob

Postby williamconley » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:24 pm

go to eflo, i haven't downloaded the free one in a while, i think it's the first three chapters or something.

oops:
here's what it is:
Download a sample of the black and white, low resolution version of the VICIDIAL Manager Manual
The free version of the Manager manual only contains the first two Chapters and the first three Tutorials.
Item: 2.0.4 version (PDF Download - 36 pages - 318k)
Price: FREE (with survey completion)
williamconley

Postby torontob » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:15 am

Does the first three chapter include anything about voice Broadcasting? I did a search for the word "boradcast" and there is nothing. Any other manual you can point me to?

Thanks
torontob

Postby williamconley » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:33 am

have you tried 8366?
williamconley

Postby Trying » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:58 pm

Hi

Let me first of all say that what I am trying to do is perfectly legal in our country.

How will I set up the broadcast function to "clean" a list? What I mean is that I want to dial a list and get "call results" back. It must just show me that a number does not exist or is in fact a valid number. It must therefore just ring a number and as soon as it is established that it is a valid number the system will drop the call. Is this possible?

I am using ViciBox Server.
Trying

Postby Op3r » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:02 pm

Trying,

It gets better by using the Sangoma Call analyzer. Contact VICIDIAL group for it.
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby williamconley » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:08 pm

Yes. Use a remote agent and set your "drop seconds" REALLY low. All the "DROP"s answered. All the "other stuff" did not.

Just a guess, of course, i've never done it. So test it out and let us know.
williamconley

Return to Support