New Server, How do I transfer DNC list from old server?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

New Server, How do I transfer DNC list from old server?

Postby TritenTech » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:19 pm

HI,

We just upgraded our server and upgraded to the new 2.0.5. The only thing important to me to get off the old server and bring to the new is our internal DNC list. What is the easiest way for me to transfer it over to the new server? Thanks in advance.
TritenTech

Postby ticoit » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:39 pm

Did you upgraded the database tables as well?
ticoit

Postby TritenTech » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:52 pm

We did a complete fresh install of the vicibox. So it loads all the new asterisk and vici together.
TritenTech

Postby mikefink80 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:31 pm

I would think the easiest way would be to export the list of numbers from the vicidial_dnc table to a sql or csv file from your old server and import it into your new servers vicidial_dnc table. If you have phpmyadmin setup on your old server it should be easy to do.
mikefink80

Postby jjohnson78 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:33 am

It's really easy to do if you use mysqldump. I think this should work (did for me, anyway - logged in as root):

On the old server:
$ mysqldump asterisk vicidial_dnc --no-create-info --insert-ignore > dnc_export.sql

This will write the data from the old vicidial_dnc table out to a "dnc_export.sql" file as a bunch of "INSERT IGNORE" statements, which is useful if you already have any data in the vicidial_dnc table on the new server. It will also leave out commands to drop the vicidial_dnc table and create it again from scratch, which you shouldn't need to do either.

Move the dnc_export.sql file to the new server, and execute this, where <filepath> is the location where you put the dnc_export.sql file on the new server:

$ mysql asterisk < <filepath>/dnc_export.sql

This was all I needed to do for mine, since the vicidial_dnc table's schema has stayed pretty constant over all Vicidial versions, as far as I know; just one column "phone_number". If the vicidial_dnc table is large, you may want to optimize it after you do this if there's not a lot of activity on the new server at that moment.
jjohnson78

Postby williamconley » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:16 am

Are you saying you "upgraded your server" (2.0.4 to 2.0.5 on the existing server) or you "installed vicibox on another server" (2.0.5 where there was NO vicidial before, but you still have the OLD server at 2.0.4 with data on it)?
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support