Manager Permissions

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Manager Permissions

Postby ddomingu » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:35 pm

Hi, is there a way to setup a manager for a campaign where they will not have access to another campaign?

Basically I want 1 manager for each campaign, and they not be able to edit or see other campaigns in the manager login.

Is this possible with permission settings?
ddomingu

Postby mikefink80 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:46 pm

Maybe by setting them up in different user groups?

The only reason I suggest this is that my company and another company that markets for my company use the same dialer. Our manager was setup on a different user group than theirs and he was complaining that he couldn't access their campaigns while still being able to access ours. He was still able to access their lists though.

I'm not 100% sure this is correct because I just switched his user group before verifying the accuracy of what he was saying, but he said he didn't have problems viewing theirs after I moved him into a user group that was allowed to view all campaigns, so it is possible. Try it out if you haven't already.
mikefink80

Postby ddomingu » Fri May 01, 2009 7:09 pm

I created a user group just for the manager and gave access only to the campaign. Then I set access in the agent settings.

It works ok, but the manager needs access to lists and reports. So they have access to all lists and reports.

I would like to find a way where the manager only has access to lists and reports for their campaign.
ddomingu

Postby mflorell » Fri May 01, 2009 7:19 pm

That is currently not built in to ViciDial, but if you create a feature request in the tracker someone might work on it when they get time, or if you want to sponsor it it can be finished much quicker.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ticoit » Wed May 06, 2009 12:23 am

When you put the managers on different groups and assigned to different campaigns the separation is quite good. The only problem I had so far is when I allow those users to generate reports. If you grant them that admin. right then they can export reports from other campaigns different from theirs.

-luis
Luis Coronado
TicoIT
www.ticoit.com
ticoit

Postby mflorell » Wed May 06, 2009 12:41 am

Have you posted a feature request for this in the tracker?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ticoit » Wed May 06, 2009 12:53 am

Not yet, I just registered to Mantis recently and I am still reading past reports. Also got a fresh copy of 2.0.5 from svn to learn about how the system works.
Luis Coronado
TicoIT
www.ticoit.com
ticoit

Return to Support