transcoding gateway

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

transcoding gateway

Postby gardo » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:38 am

i'm curious about how to setup a transcoding gateway. we currently use g729 codecs on our dialers. we have around 22 agents doing outbound calls with full recording. we're planning to ramp up to 40-50 agents. what is the recommended hardware for a transcoding asterisk?
gardo

Postby mflorell » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:03 am

There are many options depending on what you want to pay and what is available in your area. You could use dedicated products from AudioCodes or Cisco, or you could have a standalone Asterisk server do only transcoding. I have not set any of the dedicated products up, but it is possible to do.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby rudra_ach » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:06 am

I am trying to use a dedicated Asterisk server as a transcoding server, could you please give me idea, how the call flow will happen. Any configuration changes I need to do. Any information will be greatly helpful.

Regards.
Rudra

mflorell wrote:There are many options depending on what you want to pay and what is available in your area. You could use dedicated products from AudioCodes or Cisco, or you could have a standalone Asterisk server do only transcoding. I have not set any of the dedicated products up, but it is possible to do.
rudra_ach

Postby mflorell » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:01 pm

You just need to set it up as an IAX friend in iax.conf and register to it. Make sure you have an IAX account set up for the dialing server on the transcoding server. Then just have the 91NXXNXXXXXX extensions dial out through that trunk to the transcoding server.

Examples of most of the settings you need are in the LOAD_BALANCE doc.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support