astguiclient - B Blocks covering up Category tabs across top

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

astguiclient - B Blocks covering up Category tabs across top

Postby oneobserver » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:20 am

I searched but cannot find any indication of this problem in the archives.

I am using espencer's Trixbox adaptation instructions and have gotten to the point where I have a Web Client up, but when I start the astguiclient.php page, the colored lower body blocks overlap the tabs across the top about 2/3 of the way making it impossible to read what they say. Has somebody else seen this and is there an easy fix? I am using the latest (as of last night) stable 2.01 astguiclient down from the sourceforge site.

markh aka oneobserver
oneobserver

Postby oneobserver » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:22 am

This happens with both IE and Firefox.

markh
oneobserver

Postby gardo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:30 am

try decreasing your font size. i got that too with the default font size of firefox.
gardo

Postby oneobserver » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:01 am

Hmmm... by the time you get it small enough to see everything, you can't see the smallest text items and then it also effects any new window I open after that. Any way to handle that at a style sheet level?

markh
oneobserver

Postby mflorell » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:10 am

use a smaller full name for the phone entry and the vicidial user and it should fix your problem
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby oneobserver » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:03 pm

That was it. Once the top line wraps around this problem crops up. So unwritten rule that the names shouldn't be much over 8 characters each? Kind of hard to be descriptive with that restriction. Any way to allow for the line wrap in the code?

markh
oneobserver

Postby mflorell » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:27 am

everything is set to absolute coordinates. This is probably something that I should program in to look for fullname length and the phone length and add some padding to the vertical numbers to allow everything to move down.

Could you ad this to the issue tracker?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby oneobserver » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:10 am

Will do. Simplest solution would be to redo the top line as two lines by default. That would allow for the longer names and still allow for absolute coordinates. :idea:

markh
oneobserver

Return to Support