Help on DNC phone numbers

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Help on DNC phone numbers

Postby rey_philip » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:29 am

hi guys,

I have a question, we have lots of DNC phone numbers and our goal is to load that into the vicidial so if we have leads that is in our DNC list, the vicidial system will not dial that number. Is that possible? I saw a vicidial_dnc table on the asterisk database. And my question is, if I lod there that DNC numbers that we have here, is it ensured that the system will not cll those numbers now that those numbers are in the vicidial_dnc table? If not, can you guys give me the steps on how those numbers will not be called by the system.

Thanks.

Rey
rey_philip

follow up on my question

Postby rey_philip » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:58 am

follow up to my question is

I saw a use_internal_dnc field in the vicidial_campaigns table. Can you guys explain it to me what is the use of that field and how it relates to the dnc phone numbers and the vicidial_dnc. Hope we have a manual and explanation in each tables and its fields.

Thanks

Rey
rey_philip

Postby okli » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:12 pm

There are 2 options in campaign's settings screen-->detail - use internal DNC list and use campaign DNC list. Follow the ? sign next to them and read what each does.
Use Internal DNC List - This defines whether this campaign is to filter leads against the Internal DNC list. If it is set to Y, the hopper will look for each phone number in the DNC list before placing it in the hopper. If it is in the DNC list then it will change that lead status to DNCL so it cannot be dialed. Default is N.

Use Campaign DNC List - This defines whether this campaign is to filter leads against a DNC list that is specific to that campaign only. If it is set to Y, the hopper will look for each phone number in the campaign-specific DNC list before placing it in the hopper. If it is in the campaign-specific DNC list then it will change that lead status to DNCC so it cannot be dialed. Default is N.

As for what you needed- if campaign setting is made to use internal DNC list- those numbers would not be dialed no matter what campaign, however, this is not intended for large lists as would slow down putting leads in the hopper. In such case scrub lists in advance, before putting them into the database.
You can enter DNC numbers directly in the database, or use the relevant menu in ADMIN-->LISTS-->Add number to DNC, where you can also add a bunch of numbers at the same time (not quite sure what's the max at a time), depending on what version of vicidial you are using.
okli

Return to Support