VidicialNow in another Asterisk

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

VidicialNow in another Asterisk

Postby innovatione » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:59 pm

Hi Sirs,

I'm new here, we are in Brasil and congratulations by the tool is excelent !! :)

A customer our (already uses Asterisk v.1.4) to deploy the Vicidial. Already installed VicidialNow v.1.2.

Is possible we can use only those campaigns and the dialer Vicidial, but keep extensions, queues and agents in other Asterisk server ?

How can do that ? try a create a new server in Vicidial but could not...

Thanks and i await your comments,
Marcus
innovatione

Postby gardo » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:49 pm

Yes it's possible. You can run the campaign and dial via VicidialNOW while the agents' phone extensions and queues are on another Asterisk server. You can read the Manager's Manual and look for the remote phone extensions topic and the dialing without live agents. That will give you an idea on how to do it.
http://goautodial.com
Empowering the next generation contact centers
gardo

Postby williamconley » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:01 pm

absolutely. BUT you can set EACH agent up as a "phone" in vicidial (and have the phone dial straight through to the agent on the other server through their asterisk). that will give you the full power of your vicidial server and it will work properly with logged in agents.

very cool system, and when they are NOT in vicidial, they will still be working just like they used to with no changes on their system.

all you need to do is set it up to be able to dial in to each agent directly for vicidial to work very cleanly.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby innovatione » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:07 am

William and Gardo,

Thanks for your feedback !

My customer has already bought the manual and are still trying to integrate with Asterisk.

#1 - extensions are not authenticating directly to Vicidial, giving "forbidden"
#2 - failed to create the remote agents
#3 - Is not clear to me if we create the extensions in Asterisk and also with Vicidial ? Then DID's ? Is it ? need to rework ?
#4 - You have a "How-To" ?

tks
Marcus
innovatione

Postby williamconley » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:00 pm

#1 - extensions are not authenticating directly to Vicidial, giving "forbidden"
#2 - failed to create the remote agents
#3 - Is not clear to me if we create the extensions in Asterisk and also with Vicidial ? Then DID's ? Is it ? need to rework ?
#4 - You have a "How-To" ?

It also does not involve "authenticating to vicidial". you create a "Phone" under "Admin->Phones" in vicidial which will dial to the extension in the asterisk box. this requires knowledge of "how to dial via SIP or IAX from one asterisk server into another".

The best method does not involve remote agents. but you can also create a remote agent. However, you will need to create the remote agent just as if you created the Phone in the above, the agent just doesn't need a computer to use the system, but the connecton to the phone is the same.

you may create a DID in your asterisk and call it with your vicidial server, there are several methods of dialing one machine from another. you CAN also dial directly to each agent (skipping the asterisk server entirely) if you understand asterisk. placing an SIP call does not require that you go through a server to get to a phone, only that you have the ability to transmit a packet on the appropriate port and have it arrive at the soft phone in question.

there are numerous methods and instruction sets for how to dial from one asterisk server to another and how to dial TO an SIP phone. google is your friend, i don't have a tutorial myself, but i've seen several discussions of the topic here and on most other asterisk based forums and wikis.

remember that the only real requirement is that vicidial be able to call the agent successfully, that's all you are trying to accomplish (when the agent Logs In). it does not need to go to a "provider" or through a "server", but if either of those helps you "get there", go for it.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support