Auto / Predictive Dial Hardware Sip Questions

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Auto / Predictive Dial Hardware Sip Questions

Postby Infinity_ISF » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:06 pm

First let me thank anyone who responds in advance. I have a few long unanswered questions that i would like to ask if anyone with experience could answer.

A. On a Intel Quad Core Q6600, 4GB Ram, Running FC 8, VIDIAL Voice broadcast campaign using SIP/ G729 -

How many channels would you run ?

What should the Max load be before i would want to reduce the channels?

I ask because my experience has been with Windows Based Dialers with Analog Dialogic Cards in conjunction with SIP Gateways. I started using Linux / Vicidial last year and i know nothing about Linux. I have contracted out all of my installs and programming and i constantly keep learning things which make me wonder what is happening on some of my calls.

On Several cases when i go to listen to the recorded responses that the people leave i have heard a very fast dial as if vicidial thinks the call ended and tried to dial again.

I seem to always have a low ASR - Which makes me wonder if i am pushing things too hard and calls get dumped.

Enviroment

20MB dedicated fiber from Time Warner
(4) Gigabyte Based, Fedora 8 64 Bit Systems ,
The GUI is installed and runs but we mostly use the web interface for control

I really appreciate any response because i have spent money on consultants and have gotten a lot of good help but then i get recomendations from these same people for things i think i should have known about from the beginning which makes me wonder the status of the machines.

Lastly - We arent hearing these calls live as they are "robo calls" but over the next 2 months we are planning to utilize these systems in a live agent call center that we plan to transition to.

Thanks Again!

Mark
Infinity_ISF

Postby williamconley » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:39 pm

if you are still testing, quickly switch to "vicibox" instead of your fedora systems. fedora is not supported and (read through the forums) you will be spending a lot MORE money with a lot more consultants if you remain on fedora.

nothing against fedora, great OS, but it's not what this system is developed under and is not supported on the forum. i don't mean as a matter of policy where we "don't like it", i mean noone here is running it and cannot, as a result, give advice on it. i run gentoo, CentOS and Ubuntu. Many others run Slackware, but mostly the system is now built on Ubuntu (except VicidialNOW which is CentOS, somewhat specialized).

use vicibox (ubuntu server) and we will be able to offer much more assistance. and when your constultant can't figure out your next problem ... he can ask someone here!
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Support