Leave 3 way call

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Leave 3 way call

Postby ekaftan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:25 pm

I got bitten by a change today...

In 2.0.4 assisted transfers were made in my callcenter with only two steps:

-park customer dial (customer goes to holding music, agent dials out)
-Leave 3 way call (customer goes to talk to the dialed-out line, agent goes back to green disposition screen).

Yes, it worked 90% of the time. Once or twice a day, customer got hungup and agent kept speaking with the remote call.

In 2.0.5 if I apply the same procedure, upon pressing 'leave 3 way call' all calls go separate ways. Customers keeps hearing music, agent goes to dispo screen and remote call gets disconnected. I need to explicitly press 'grab parked call' before 'leave 3 way' to make the transfer.

I think, maybe, leave 3 way call button should be disabled if the customer is parked or it should work as it did in 2.0.4.

Matt? this a bug or a feature? :) thanks.
ekaftan

Postby mflorell » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:46 pm

It's kind of both. The old way of leave 3way was broken up to 10% of the time(depending mostly on machine load). Now the agent will drop out of the session and go to a new one which works 100% of the time. You will need to add another step to your instructions, GRAB PARKED CUSTOMER before you click leave 3way.

I suppose it would be possible to add another step to the leave 3way which would take care of this for you , but the client that we rewrote leave 3way for did want this so it would have to be a new feature. Let us know if you are interested in sponsoring such a feature.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ekaftan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:49 pm

mflorell wrote:It's kind of both. The old way of leave 3way was broken up to 10% of the time(depending mostly on machine load). Now the agent will drop out of the session and go to a new one which works 100% of the time. You will need to add another step to your instructions, GRAB PARKED CUSTOMER before you click leave 3way.

I suppose it would be possible to add another step to the leave 3way which would take care of this for you , but the client that we rewrote leave 3way for did want this so it would have to be a new feature. Let us know if you are interested in sponsoring such a feature.

Actually I am pleased on how it works, and as long as it works 100% of the time I am ok... Give my thanks to who sponsored that feature. I already rewrote the instructions for my agents, it just bit me today because the change was not expected.

Thanks!
ekaftan

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:35 pm

Just an update on this, in SVN trunk I just added that step when the agent clicks LEAVE 3WAY to take the customer from park(if they are parked) and put them into the session right before the agent leaves the 3way call.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby ekaftan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:45 pm

mflorell wrote:Just an update on this, in SVN trunk I just added that step when the agent clicks LEAVE 3WAY to take the customer from park(if they are parked) and put them into the session right before the agent leaves the 3way call.

Many thanks... I hope that feature can make it to 2.0.5.2 :)
ekaftan

Postby mflorell » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:22 pm

We haven't released 2.0.5.1 official release yet :)

I just put that change into the 2.0.5 SVN branch so it will be in the next release.
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support