is this a Predictive Dialer or an AutoDialer?

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Postby Delta239 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:55 pm

This is the Question..
Thanks..
Delta239

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:33 pm

the VICIDIAL 1.X tree has a manual dialing mode and an Auto-dialer or Power Dialer(strict lines-to-agent ratio dialing) mode.

The 2.X tree (currently under development) will have several adaptive algorithms that will automatically adjust the call pacing depending on the scheme selected per each campaign in addition to the other dialing methods available in the 1.X tree.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Delta239 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:07 pm

how does this thing work as a predictive.. i've read to a lot of files saying this is a predictive. a predictive will not keep dialing when all the agents are busy on calls... and if its a powerdialer how is a powerdialer? i checked everything and nothing explains how this works or this is supposed to work.
and another thing also.. How do you get your list out???(export) to see what is going on in the back rather than using the admin pages...
ALSO..
what crm do we use that will work with the WEBFORM Button...
Delta239

Postby mflorell » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:52 pm

The first predictive algorithm is an equation of agents/lines/total drops for the day/maximum drop rate/average drops in the last five minutes.

Power dialing is just dialing a straight lines-per-agent ratio without auto-adjusting.

Auto-dialing is calling multiple numbers and playing a message for them

We usually recommend using PHPMyAdmin to export data or lists from VICIDIAL. It is very flexible and tested and will offer you more options than any export tool we could develop.

You should be able to use almost any CRM you want providing it can handle receiving variables in a query string for a search.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby roche » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:11 am

Delta239 wrote: a predictive will not keep dialing when all the agents are busy on calls... and if its a powerdialer how is a powerdialer?

BTW there is no way to avoid these behavior? Currently my drop calls is very low less than (1%) , but I dont like to have the dialer calling 4 phones while all my agents are busy .
For me would be nice avoid these behavior but is not a big deal for me in these moment.

Regards
roche

Postby mflorell » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:27 am

The new Predictive dialing feature is the major feature enhancement for the 2.0 release. I have also been doing a lot of installation and code cleanup and we will finish the conversion to DBI for all perl/agi scripts in 2.0.

At this point, I expect the first snapshot release of 2.0 to be available some time in August.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby marvin » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:03 pm

roche wrote:
Delta239 wrote: a predictive will not keep dialing when all the agents are busy on calls... and if its a powerdialer how is a powerdialer?

BTW there is no way to avoid these behavior? Currently my drop calls is very low less than (1%) , but I dont like to have the dialer calling 4 phones while all my agents are busy .
For me would be nice avoid these behavior but is not a big deal for me in these moment.

Regards

for now wat i did is i alter AST_VDauto_dial.pl to "$dbhA->query("SELECT user,server_ip,campaign_id,conf_exten FROM vicidial_live_agents where status IN('READY','QUEUE','DONE') and server_ip='$server_ip' and last_update_time > '$BDtsSQLdate' order by last_call_time");" from this " $dbhA->query("SELECT user,server_ip,campaign_id,conf_exten FROM vicidial_live_agents where status IN('READY','QUEUE','INCALL','DONE') and server_ip='$server_ip' and last_update_time > '$BDtsSQLdate' order by last_call_time");"

basically i just take out that INCALL status
marvin

Postby Delta239 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:50 pm

and it stopped when the agent was busy on a call?... do you know if it can harm the system?
Delta239

Postby marvin » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:41 pm

yez it did ... so far i havent encountered any dialing problems.
marvin

Postby mflorell » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:50 pm

That will just change it to not count the INCALL agents when it calculates how many lines to dial. You still have the potential to drop calls though.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby marvin » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:01 pm

yez the potential are still there but it would somehow lessen the rate since the number of lines to dial are lessen.
marvin

Return to Support