Calls getting stuck after transfer.

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Calls getting stuck after transfer.

Postby Isaac » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:07 pm

We are running a 15-35 person call center on Vicidial. Once an agent makes a sale we have them transfer the call (using "internal closer") to our activations department. Approximatly once a day, a call gets stuck so to speak, after it has been transfered, possibly the customer hangs up, but the dialer holds onto the call. Once the call reaches the front of the que, it sticks in place and wont let other calls past it. This results in calls backing up and sales dropping. Our temporary fix is to log all our agents out and reboot our server, but I'm wondering if there is a way to flush a call out of the system directly as opposed to rebooting. Any help with this would be most apprieciated.
eCreek Solutions Group is the premier provider of outsourced communication solutions. We deliver communication solutions that make relationships simple, hassle-free and more profitable.
Isaac

Postby mflorell » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:03 pm

I have seen this happen randomly on a few systems, usually it will happen more on heavily loaded systems. The problem is that a record is stuck as LIVE in the vicidial_auto_calls table which prevents the newer calls from being sent to agents. At the 140 seat center I work with this only happens maybe once every month(about once every 6 million calls).

As luck would have it I just wrote a function into admin.php that will allow you to clear the oldest LIVE record for a campaign or in-group by simply going to the modification page and clicking on the link at the bottom for VDAC EMERGENCY JAM CLEAR, then confirming you want to do this. This feature is only in the SVN 2-X tree and has not been put into a release yet, but it is production ready and is being used in production now.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Op3r » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:29 am

We used to have that kind of problem before.

What we do is just issue this mysql commands

delete * from vicidial_auto_calls where status="LIVE" and that did the trick. Vic Jolin made it more user friendly by incorporating it to the AST_timeonvdad.php and making a link that issue the above command. Like a panic button.

I think the reason for the problem is the server load. or maybe ur just out of luck.

BTW rebooting the server is not always an option. u will have downtime and thats not good for business :(
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby mflorell » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:01 am

That is basically what the new Emergency VDAC Jam Clear feature does, except it puts a LIMIT 1 at the end so you won't drop all of your LIVE cals.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby mflorell » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:32 pm

I have posted more details on this issue to this thread:
http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALforum/viewtopic.php?t=972
mflorell
Site Admin

Return to Support