Freepbx and VICIDIAL

All installation and configuration problems and questions

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Freepbx and VICIDIAL

Postby shaan » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:43 pm

Hi,

i am working on auto installation of freepbx and VICIDIAL on Fedora core6 with latest versions of all packages.
i want to write a document on freepbx and VICIDIAL just like qmail rocks. my motive is install freepbx and VICIDIAL without any issues.
want to rock the asterisk with freepbx and VICIDIAL. iam sure we can make this so that it will be helpful for all.

Current Status:
i have prepared a detail installation Document for freepbx and VICIDIAL. and working on Auto installation scripts.

Chalenges:
freepbx work fine. i can do manual dialing from x-light. and from VICIDIAL<http://192.168.0.99/agc/vicidial.php> if i call it rings but when i pick up the call it says goodbye. i have 8600051 in extention.conf and in meetme.conf too.

error details:
####################localhost*CLI>#################
== Starting SIP/786-08b0e528 at default,8600051,1 failed so falling back to exten 's'
-- Executing [s@default:1] Playback("SIP/786-08b0e528", "vm-goodbye") in new stack
-- Playing 'vm-goodbye' (language 'en')
-- Executing [s@default:2] Macro("SIP/786-08b0e528", "hangupcall") in new stack
-- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:1] ResetCDR("SIP/786-08b0e528", "w") in new stack
-- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:2] NoCDR("SIP/786-08b0e528", "") in new stack
-- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:3] GotoIf("SIP/786-08b0e528", "1?theend") in new stack
-- Goto (macro-hangupcall,s,6)
-- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:6] Wait("SIP/786-08b0e528", "5") in new stack
-- Executing [s@macro-hangupcall:7] Hangup("SIP/786-08b0e528", "") in new stack
== Spawn extension (macro-hangupcall, s, 7) exited non-zero on 'SIP/786-08b0e528' in macro 'hangupcall'
== Spawn extension (macro-hangupcall, s, 7) exited non-zero on 'SIP/786-08b0e528'
####################localhost*CLI>#################

*Teach to Learn*
shaan

Postby mflorell » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:15 pm

For VICIDIAL to work with FreePBX you will have to get it to give up CallerID control on the calls that VICIDIAL places. This can prove to be very difficult depending on the FreePBX version.

Also, with all fo the macros that FreePBX uses your system will be much less efficient than just using simple static dialplans.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby Op3r » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:15 am

I tried installing vicidial with freepbx before and yes sure it works.

you just have to add the the confs modification on the _customs.conf and also make sure that they are on the right context
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

single Script

Postby aeronuts2005 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:52 pm

Hi is there a so called a install script that automatically installs Asterisk and vicidial on a single CD or DVD installer?? if so can you show us some links?

I am a newbie i linux and doing scratch install is so very complicated for me.. All i wanted is to use vicidial for my project in school. and also plan to do more research...

Thanks and more power!

Analyn Socao
aeronuts2005

Postby Op3r » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:03 am

aeronauts

Nope no such thing as an auto installer for asterisk with vicidial but you are welcome to create one :D

And by installing VICIDIAL you also get to learn some PHP/MYSQL. It will also force you to be proficient on Linux adminstration.

I think the difficulty of installing VICIDIAL is one of the test an administrator needs to take because if you cant even follow the simple scratch_install document then you dont have any business running a call center dialer. But you are always welcome to ask. and we always answer it.

Im not saying VICIDIAL is for leet people. All Im asking is that common sense is really really required for the dialer to work properly. I've seen a lot of callcenters having days of downtime because of those half baked administrators. :(

just my ranting

Edwin
Get paid for US outbound Toll Free calls. PM me.
Op3r

Postby shaan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:10 am

Iam Sorry i was busy with my office work iam back again. i started my auto installation script soon it will be on web. i need ur co-operation...pls give me any imputs which is use full for VICIDIAL and Freepbx... i am almost close to it.

* Teach to Learn *
shaan

Re: single Script

Postby shaan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:14 am

aeronuts2005 wrote:Hi is there a so called a install script that automatically installs Asterisk and vicidial on a single CD or DVD installer?? if so can you show us some links?

I am a newbie i linux and doing scratch install is so very complicated for me.. All i wanted is to use vicidial for my project in school. and also plan to do more research...

Thanks and more power!

Analyn Socao

Hi,

Wait for few days we can work on Live CD of VICIDIAL and FreePBX on Fedora6..
shaan

Return to Support