KPIs for Agents

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

KPIs for Agents

Postby martinch » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:43 am

Good morning all,

Wanted to share an idea I had for ViCiDial and this time it's an agent feature idea that allows them to manage their own KPIs. There are lots of benefits to that;

• Allows agents to track their talk time during the shift at any point. It shows them how much they have accumulated so far and allows them to try and up that on the remaining part of their shift.
  • Allows agents to track their pause times as well to keep reporting accurate for business reasons.
  • Allows agents to track their sales progress too. This can allow them to push harder if they are low on sales and gives them peace of mind if they've hit their sales target for the day.
  • It can relieve pressure on management teams as the agent has vision of their own performance and can adjust accordingly during the shift.

Here is a mock-up of how it might look (agent interface tab highlighted in yellow ink);

And here are some potential KPIs that could be shown (just some common ones for now. Happy to discuss your ideas on what could be shown here);

My proposal is as follows;

• New system setting that can toggle KPI view on the agent interface.⏳
  • Add code to render the new KPI tab + view.⏳
  • Add code to refresh the stats at intervals (happy to discuss the best methods of doing that).⏳
  • Adding relevant stats (happy to discuss what stats you would like to see in the KPI tab)⏳
  • Campaign Settings - KPI target value settings.⏳
  • Potentially User KPI settings that would override the campaign options. This would allow flexibility per agent rather than campaign. Especially helpful for new starts or people who need more flexibility like part time workers. ⏳

Would anybody find this useful for their operation? Very happy to receive feedback and we can build it together. Thank you for considering. :)
Project Lead @ mDial -> https://github.com/TheBlode/mDial
martinch

Re: KPIs for Agents

Postby jamiemurray » Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:36 am

Hey Martin,

When managing agent KPIs I would usually take the approach that I only show them what they have complete control over.

I usually measure these:

Active Time (Wait, Talk, (Dead + Dispo up to 10 seconds per call))
Pause Time
Conversion against workable leads
Average Talk Time on workable leads
Average Talk Time on unworkable leads.
Conversion against workable leads.
Average of the last X QC scores.

An agent can't control the wait time or number of calls completely on their own, therefore in my opinion it's not fair to judge them on these metrics.
Skype: live:support_71847 | Tel: (US) +1 646 647 8850 (CA) +1 613 900 6456 (MX) +52 55 9990 3550 (UK) +44 1324 285022 (ES) +34 922 937 384
Managed Hosting - No tech skills required | VoIP Termination & DID numbering | https://jmurraysolutions.com
jamiemurray

Postby mflorell » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:31 am

Could this possibly be an extension of the existing "Agent Screen Time Display" campaign feature?
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby martinch » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:11 am

jamiemurray wrote:Hey Martin,

When managing agent KPIs I would usually take the approach that I only show them what they have complete control over.

I usually measure these:

Active Time (Wait, Talk, (Dead + Dispo up to 10 seconds per call))
Pause Time
Conversion against workable leads
Average Talk Time on workable leads
Average Talk Time on unworkable leads.
Conversion against workable leads.
Average of the last X QC scores.

An agent can't control the wait time or number of calls completely on their own, therefore in my opinion it's not fair to judge them on these metrics.

Cheers Jamie that makes a lot of sense. So Active Time / Productive Time as it were is definitely a good metric to show and can help agents out. Conversion percentage is another good one. I suppose also AHT and the like as well.

mflorell wrote:Could this possibly be an extension of the existing "Agent Screen Time Display" campaign feature?

No idea what that is Matt but I'll check it out. This could quite possibly be an extension of that. I'll take a look-see. Cheers :)
martinch

Postby martinch » Tue May 02, 2023 11:19 am

I've just seen the Agent Screen Time Display and yeah I can see this piece being an extension of that feature. My idea here;

• Add Agent Time Report Target options to User Settings;
    • Agent Time Report Total Logged In Time Target.
    • Agent Time Report Talk Target.
    • Agent Time Report Dispo Target.
    • Agent Time Report Paused Target.
    • Agent Time Report Sales Target.

There is lots of room for the progress bars too. I think this will be pretty neat for agents. :)
martinch

Postby martinch » Tue May 09, 2023 4:28 pm

Here's an update of the new User Options I'm proposing...building on Agent Time Report;

I'm going to add the following to Agent Time Report;

• AHT for outbound calls.
  • AHT for inbound calls.
  • Sales achieved.
  • Productive time (as per jamie's suggestion above).
  • Conversion against decision makers.
martinch

Postby martinch » Fri May 12, 2023 12:00 pm

And here is a brief glimpse into beginning stages of integrating the targets within the Agents Time Report on the UI. It's still a work in progress so it may change dramatically as it is developed :)

martinch

Postby uzgidebas » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:46 am

How far you got with this feature. I would like to test it
Vicidial 10.0.2, asterisk 13.38.2-vici, cpu 4 cores, 8gb ram, 50gb nvme
uzgidebas

Postby martinch » Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:42 pm

uzgidebas wrote:How far you got with this feature. I would like to test it

I haven't worked on it for a few weeks but it's there or there abouts...I'll just need to sanity test it one more time and I'll upload some patches to Mantis so you can test them when I put them on! No guarantees this will make it into the trunk but if you grab the patches you can use them unofficially of course :)

Also, kinda feel there should be more KPIs on this one. Matt and ViCiDial team have covered the main ones here...feel like there might be something missing...AHT is one I can think of...and possible some others. Maybe you guys can tell me what KPIs are important to your operations? Cheers :)
martinch

Postby martinch » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:11 am

Apologies for the tardiness on this one. Been a busy few months!

I'm there or there abouts with this piece. I hope it will be submitted on Mantis this weekend. The style has changed and may change further before being submitted. Ditched the thin, pencil lines and gone for chunky, classic block style. Also, the labels will be changed too.

Stats will be configurable. New KPIs include;

• Remaining Pause Time.
  • Productive Time.
  • AHT Auto.
  • AHT Manual.
  • AHT Inbound.

Interested to hear your feedback on looks, functionality, potential KPIs you want included. All KPIs are at agent user level and are fully customisable per agent giving maximum flexibility. It will make it's way most likely into mDial first as the ViCi guys need to review the code and make a call on it from their side. Cheers :)
martinch

Return to Features