Screen Barging and Recording

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

Postby vkalp_rg » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:04 am

Hi,
There is a growing demand in the Call center industry for Screen Barging and Recording.

I wonder if anyone has explored or thought of how we can integrate screen recording on the same lines as Call recording.

In the screen recording, asa the call is launched, the desktop screen recording should begin. this should be finished when the dispostion happens.

Alternatively, one way i can think is if we can integrate Call Start as an Action command to start screen recording and Call Disposition as recording stop action. The only thing that bothers is how to name the screen recording so that it can be traced by the phone number.

Any thoughts or experiences are welcome.

Ruchir
vkalp_rg

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:11 am

wow. that's a cool feature request. obviously it would require some form of screen capture utility to be installed on the client side, but since we're using AJAX and AJAX is aware of call begin/end, it would not be a stretch to send an extra command to a local utility to begin recording. then shipping the resulting video to store inside the vicidial recording folder and creating a video link to it would just be grunt work.

i've never heard that request before, but it sounds intriguing.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Postby mflorell » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:38 pm

OrecX(recording software company) has done some work on this for clients of ours. The biggest issues most companies face when trying to record/control screens are:
- the great increase in bandwidth used to transmit the screen recordings
- the great increase in drive space needed to store these recordings
- the need to install and configure screen control software on all agent computers

Most of the companies I know of that are doing this currently are just using VNC or a derivative of it.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:22 pm

well. if you recorded on the client machine and ONLY transmitted at night and ONLY transmitted specific Dispositions (or record transmit random small percentage of calls, one or two per agent, for training), I could see it as very useful.

Either to record all "Sales" or to record for training (I'm not at all sure about the Value of recording the agent screen for anything other than training/troubleshooting, but if the NEED is there ... I could see it working).

All that is required is a trigger for the recording (and some nice open source recording software WITH the capability to be "triggered").

then script the Evening Only transfers ... (perhaps a round robin script in Vicidial "collecting" them from the agent's machines).
williamconley

Postby Haryer » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:36 pm

The lead_id and user are what you can use to find the recordings for a specific call looking at the recording_log table.

There is no recording_id in the vicidial_agent_log table because there can be multiple recordings per call, and which one would you put in that field if it was in there? The first one, the last one, or some delimited list that could not be used in a direct query?
Haryer

Re: Screen Barging and Recording

Postby williamconley » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:49 pm

Haryer wrote:The lead_id and user are what you can use to find the recordings for a specific call looking at the recording_log table.

There is no recording_id in the vicidial_agent_log table because there can be multiple recordings per call, and which one would you put in that field if it was in there? The first one, the last one, or some delimited list that could not be used in a direct query?
delimited lists are used in queries all the time, they merely require processing unless they are stored with single quotes and commas in place already.

the question is: what are you trying to associate "the recording" WITH? it already appears on the user stats page and the lead record. where else would you want it?

also: is this in some way connected to Screen Barging and Recording?
williamconley

Return to Features