prevent hotkey registration when in a text field

Discussions about new features or changes in existing features

Moderators: gerski, enjay, williamconley, Op3r, Staydog, gardo, mflorell, MJCoate, mcargile, Kumba, Michael_N

prevent hotkey registration when in a text field

Postby DomeDan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:55 am

Is it possible to prevent hotkey registration when in a text field?
because when a agent forgets he got hotkeys activated he puts the cursor in a text field to write a value for the SALE he is gonna registrate and when he starts to write he accidently register a callback or whatever the first number he starts writing is.

I havent checked the source code yet because i want to ask you guys before i try to make any ugly hack.

Wasnt sure if this topic belongs here under features or under support...

My specs is in my signature
Vicidial Partner. Region: Sweden/Norway.
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
Email: domedan (at) gmail.com
DomeDan

Postby mflorell » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:38 am

This is not currently a feature, sounds like it would be a good one though. I would suggest opening a ticket in the Issue Tracker and working from there.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby DomeDan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:31 am

Yes box alright!
here's the ticket if someone else found this topic when looking for this feature, and would like to know it's status: http://www.eflo.net/VICIDIALmantis/view.php?id=469
Thanks for the tip mflorell !
Does Vicidial installation, configuration, customization, add-ons, CRM implementation, support, upgrading, network-related, pentesting etc. Remote and onsite assistance.
DomeDan

Postby DomeDan » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:06 am

I got an better idea and this is probably how it should work.
To keep the hot keys activated you need to keep the cursor on the hot key button,
but when I pull the cursor up to the text-fields, the hot keys are still active because the hot key button is covered by HotKeyEntriesBox div

I changed this in vicidial.php:
<span style="position:absolute;left:5px;top:<?php echo $HTheight ?>px;z-index:<?php $zi++; echo $zi ?>;" id="HotKeyEntriesBox">

To:
<span style="position:absolute;left:5px;top:<?php echo $HTheight-35 ?>px;z-index:<?php $zi++; echo $zi ?>;" id="HotKeyEntriesBox">

Now the HotKeyEntriesBox appears about 5px above the Hot Key button.
I use Iceweasel browser (firefox for debian) and screen resolution: 1280x1024 pixels (382x302 millimeters)
when I login with resolution: 1680x1050 the HotKeyEntriesBox is about 15px above the hot key button

Now there wont be no more accidental hot key registrations when typing in a order value because when the cursor leaves the button to click in a text-field the hot keys wont be active till they move the cursor back to the hot key button.

It would probably be possible to make this dynamic, put a value here: $HTheight-$VariableBasedOnScreenRes I think that would be a better feature request
DomeDan

Postby mflorell » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:55 am

Please make sure these notes are in the issue tracker ticket.
mflorell
Site Admin

Postby williamconley » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:20 am

and after only 19 posts. very nice.
Vicidial Installation and Repair, plus Hosting and Colocation
Newest Product: Vicidial Agent Only Beep - Beta
http://www.PoundTeam.com # 352-269-0000 # +44(203) 769-2294
williamconley

Return to Features